Will they fit?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Bigtanker, Nov 25, 2012.

1. Bigtanker

BigtankerNew MemberMember

Would 3 black skirted tetras fit fine in a 2.5 gallon tank? Thanks

2. Jaysee

JayseeFishlore LegendMember

Welcome to the forum

They'll fit in it, sure. Will they be able to live in it? No.

3. Tonia

ToniaWell Known MemberMember

They would be rather cramped, imo.

4. Matt B

Matt BWell Known MemberMember

That size tank would make a great shrimp tank. :;th

5. SugarJunkee

SugarJunkeeValued MemberMember

Great point, Matt B. If you hadn't considered shrimp before, they're really pretty fun to watch. I plan on doing the same with an old 2.5 gallon I found in the basement, gonna wash it up really well and put a touch of black sand, some plants, a manzanita branch, and toss in a few blue pearl and sunkist shrimp.

6. luke355027355027Well Known MemberMember

E
    I am not trying to be mean but am using an example.

When most people think of fish they think of aquarium fish they think of goldfish and betta fish. Now when some people purchase these fish they put them in bowls or small tanks. Bowls are meant for plastic plants and cereal. Now on the bright side you said you have a tank. 2.5 gallon. You could put shrimp in that tank and that would be fine. The smallest size tank for fish in my opinion is 5 gallons for a betta fish.

For black skirt tetras i would say a 15 -20 gallon minimum for a school of 5.

Luckily you have taken the time to research this topic so you will be informed.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice