Will They Ever Breed?

Discussion in 'Breeding Fish' started by dragonflygirl, Mar 22, 2006.

1. dragonflygirlNew MemberMember

My Bronze Cory Catfish have been acting like they are going to breed but they haven't so how will i know if they will ever breed?

2. Marc

MarcWell Known MemberMember

Have they gone into a "T" position? One will basically have his face at the others midsection. You can get them to breed by lowering the water temperature rapidly by pouring in colder water than normal, which acts like a spring flood which normally triggers them to spawn in the wild.

3. vin

vinWell Known MemberMember

Try lowering the temp in your tank and increasing the water flow. They are tough to breed from everything I've read, but when it comes to spawning season they like cooler water. Just be careful not to make it too uncomfortable for your other fish.....And remember, they are egglayers and will lay them on plants and decorations sometimes one at at time......... up to 1100.....at once......that's a lot of fish, but that would be way cool!

4. 0morrokh

0morrokhFishlore VIPMember

I think Cories like to lay their eggs on a flat rock. And beware that any other fish in the tank will probably eat the eggs.

5. vin

vinWell Known MemberMember

They will lay them individually anywhere.....rocks, plants, driftwood, decorations....and sometimes lots of them.......

6. Animal loverNew MemberMember

Yes they will eventually breed after having 1 male and 1 female for a week they bred!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11111 Dont get impatient :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

7. chris02_84Valued MemberMember

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice