Will these fish do fine with these fish.

1. ranmao

ranmao New Member Member

2. Adam55

Adam55 Well Known Member Member

Well, what size tank is it? Balas need a lot of room. You also want to consider getting four more cories. They do best in groups.

3. OP
    OP
    ranmao

ranmao New Member Member

I think my tank is about 40 Gallon.

I will get more panda cories as well, they are cute.

And maybe a dragon goby.

4. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bala sharks should be kept in groups of at least 5 they also grow very big & 40 gallon is too small for them I wouldn't put them in less than a 6ft tank, the red tail also needs more space as they get territorial & can be aggressive as they mature.
    I'd up the number of corys to at least 6 & I wouldn't have kuhlis with your stocking as I doubt you'd ever see them.
    A dragon goby is out with your tank as they need brackish water & more space https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/brackish-fish/85775-care-sheet-dragon-goby.html.
    What bumble bees do you mean, there are bumble bee platys, gobys, cichlids?

5. OP
    OP
    ranmao

ranmao New Member Member

Bumblebee gobys. :3

6. Coradee

Coradee Moderator Moderator Member

Bumblebee gobys are best kept in species only tanks, I wouldn't have them in your tank, they may be small but they can be quite aggressive & the corys would be sitting targets

7. OP
    OP
    ranmao

ranmao New Member Member

That sucks, they were so cute. Curious would breeding brill be easy?

8. jdhef

jdhef Moderator Moderator Member

You may have compatability problems having sharks and cories in the same tank.

9. husky194

husky194 Valued Member Member

I agree with jdhef on the shark comment, especially a Red Tail. You'll find as he gets more mature it's very likely that he will chase not only the smaller fish but the Bala's too. Now, with that said, it's not always true because my brother has 2 ball's with a rainbow shark and they all get along just fine. Unfortunately you won't know until it's too late and he's injured or killed some of your fish. In my tank I've got a Rainbow Shark and he was fine at first but now is very territorial and chases my Rosy Barbs (which are a BLAST by the way to have in your tank!) and is relentless on my Tiger Barbs.
    I also fear for your Cory's with a shark. A cory belongs in a peaceful community tank. I've got a mix of Panda's and Peppered in mine and they travel together for the most part.
    Good luck!