Will These Fish Be Okay With Each And These Types Of Invertebrates?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by Alphafish98, Jun 25, 2018.

1. Alphafish98

Alphafish98 Valued Member Member

okay I’m thinking of maybe getting khuli loches, danios, guppies, Glolight tetras and cardinal tetras swordtails. Are they okay with big shrimp like vampire shrimp, mystery and rabbit snails salt and pepper Cory’s, mollies and plecos. Are all these okay with each other or are there some I shouldn’t have with others. Please give me a good answer.

2. 75g Discus Tank

75g Discus Tank Fishlore VIP Member

What’s the tank size?
    And how many of each kind of fish?

3. N8_the_Gr8

N8_the_Gr8 Valued Member Member

I wouldn’t let a vampire shrimp be near Cory’s or kuhlies or even a pleco. It should be fine with fast swimming fish. If you have all of those in a 75, you might get overstocked soon.

4. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

75g and I’m not saying I’m gonna get all of them. And just small numbers for schooling fish just 6

How come ? Do they bother each other or something?

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 26, 2018
  5. 75g Discus Tank

Danios prefer cooler water than most of the other species so I wouldn’t include them.

6. IHaveADogToo

IHaveADogToo Well Known Member Member

You mentioned 3 different types of live bearers and 4 different types of schooling fish. I say don’t try to put so many different species all in the same tank, and instead have more of less types of fish. You can have bigger schools if you get less species, and the fish will be happier and school more naturally. They don’t occur in schools of 5 in the wild, they occur in schools of thousands. I know you can’t have thousands of Corys but wouldn’t it be cool to have a school of 20 of them instead of just a few?

7. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Okay I won’t add those

8. N8_the_Gr8

Kuhlies are very shy and timid fish that can get beaten up by as much as a ghost shrimp. Cory’s don’t have the best eyesight. There are a bunch of stocking issues to be discussed.

9. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Okay I won’t add shrimp, I’m not gonna add every single one of these fish together, I never said I was gonna do that. I’m just gonna see who’s best with who and if I can’t put them that’s fine

10. N8_the_Gr8

I’d say, get a school of 15x glolight tetras 10x mollies and maybe some tiger barbs or a centerpiece fish of some sort.

If you are throwing out shrimp, I would get a school of 9 Corydoras Sterbai, they like warmer waters.

11. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

well idk about getting that many Glofish just 6 seems fine I could try with cardinal tetras and Cory’s. And I’ll see about mollies.

Does it have to be nine ? I don’t want to put to much.

12. IHaveADogToo

Pick one schooling middle or top dweller and get 20 + of them, pick a shoaling bottom dweller (kuhli loaches, or Corys) and get a dozen of them, and pick a centerpiece fish and get one of them or a mating pair, like maybe angelfish or gourami. Then you can add some individual fish like maybe a few swordtails or guppies. Add one type of snail, and if you add shrimp or not depends on your centerpiece fish.

13. 75g Discus Tank

You will be fine with a 75.

In the wild, most schooling fish are in the hundreds.

There are a couple of vids of cories in the thousands just swimming around.

Having more will make them more comfortable.

14. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Okay I’ll do honey gouramis, and I’ll see what I can do there thanks.

15. N8_the_Gr8

Glofish tetras are modified from white skirt tetras or black skirt even as whites are derived from them. This being said, they can be VERY nippy with each other. The number 6 is bad because it is an even number. I’d recommend 7 or 9 glofish tetras.

16. N8_the_Gr8

My favorite video

17. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

Okay I won’t get glofish tetras thank you.

18. N8_the_Gr8

I am not saying I wouldn’t get them, they are nippy in small schools and even numbers. I have lemon tetras and they picked at each other with a school of 6. I added more and my problem was solved.

19. IHaveADogToo

What kind of kuhli loaches are you interested in? There’s the striped ones, the black ones, the half banded ones, the silver ones....

20. OP
    OP
    Alphafish98

I know but I just won’t get them it’s fine but thank you

I was thinking the yellow ones with black stripes. Or is there a better type of khuli loche ? And that won’t hurt snails or anyone else

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice