Will the Stress of the move kill them

atmmachine816

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
So I want to move my tank downstairs where everybody can view it but I'm afraid that the move might kill my 12 year old angels, do you guys think it would? I'd stick them in a five gallon bucket with heater and filter or/and airstone while I move the tank?

Austin

skippi

Reaction score
I moved my 55 gallon upstairs and put the fish in a tank with like 5-10 gallons of water in it while they waited. They made it ok..
I had angels at the time and they were ok. Just keep an eye on them.

Heidi

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
When I moved my 30 gallon tank from one room to another, the angels were fine afterwards What I did was I saved most of the water (about 70 %) in buckets, put the fish in one bucket, put the filter over another bucket and kept it running, and I quickly carried the tank to another room. Once it was in place, I filled it back with water, put the fish back in (didn't have to acclimatize them because the water was the same), and put the filter back on. All went well

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
What you can do is save as much water as you can, and mix it with the rest of new water. If you save 50% of old water and add 50% of new water, maybe you could get away with acclimatizing (if your old water has pH and nitrate similar to your tap water). But if your tap nitrate and pH are significantly different from your tank nitrate and pH, I'd recommend acclimatization even if you save 50% of water. If, however, you save more than 50% (say, 70 - 80%) and your tap pH and nitrate are different from tank pH and nitrate, you would not need acclimatization in such a case, because it would be more like a water change.

New Threads