Will The Bigger Snail Pick On The Smaller Snail?

BettaBliss
I have a 10 gallon planted tank with one adult male betta and a Zebra Nerite snail that is 1". The betta has been in the tabk for a few months. The snail has only been in the tank for 4 days. I just called my LPS to ask if they have any Tiger Nerites in stock because I would love to get a second snail. They said they do have the Tiger nerites in stock, but they are smaller than a penny. Would the bigger snail, or the betta, pick on the small snail? Would this baby snail need any special care or nutrition? Should I get it, or keep looking for an adult snail?
Thanks!

Advertisement
RedLoredAmazon
Nerite snails do not pick on each other, they may get a little frisky, but no fighting. I can't say about the betta. It might be ok since you already have a snail in the tank. Your little snail will need the same things that you have been providing for your other snail.

Kiks
I agree. The snails won't pick on each other. They pretty much mind their own business.

Shardicle
I agree they shouldn't anyway so.

BettaBliss
Nerite snails do not pick on each other, they may get a little frisky, but no fighting. I can't say about the betta. It might be ok since you already have a snail in the tank. Your little snail will need the same things that you have been providing for your other snail.

I agree. The snails won't pick on each other. They pretty much mind their own business.

I agree they shouldn't anyway so.
Thank you all very much! I went in to purchase the baby tiger nerite snail and turns out they mixed up tiger nerite with zebra nerite. I already have a zebra nerite and would perfer to get a tiger nerite, so I left empty-handed. I will remember the answers on this thread when I find a tiger nerite snail.
Thank again!

Shardicle
Thank you all very much! I went in to purchase the baby tiger nerite snail and turns out they mixed up tiger nerite with zebra nerite. I already have a zebra nerite and would perfer to get a tiger nerite, so I left empty-handed. I will remember the answers on this thread when I find a tiger nerite snail.
Thank again!
np Glorious Goldfish your nice and good luck with your snails!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Salem
Replies
Views
bettapeixe28
Replies
Views
MarioDario
Replies
Views