Will The Alarm...

Discussion in 'Freshwater Beginners' started by Stradius011, Mar 20, 2010.

1. Stradius011

Stradius011 Well Known Member Member

My parents installed an alarm system and unfortunately the alarm goes off right above the the aquarium where i have my fancy goldfish and it is LOUD. How harmful is this? :S

2. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

Uhmm I know high music levels causes stress on fish but since is an alarm that won't be going off all the time I don't think it will be a problem.

3. G

Gargoyle Well Known Member Member

Stand next to it when it goes off while holding a cat that still has all it's claws...

That about sums it up..

4. OP
    OP
    Stradius011

I'm just worrying bcuz I don't think my parents understand how to disarm the alarm.... xD

5. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

:oops: That might be a problem. :;sh Move it to a room?

6. harpua2002

harpua2002 Fishlore VIP Member

It's fine. Nothing I would worry about.

7. OP
    OP
    Stradius011

Yeah if the alarm keeps going off I'm have to move them to another room lol xD

8. Nutter

Nutter Fishlore VIP Member

Fish 'hear' in a different way to us. Sounds don't bother them in the slightest, they have no ears. What fish do have is a lateral line. This is a series of nerve endings right at the surface of the skin that form a line down the fishes flanks. These nerves feel vibrations.
    So long as the alarm isn't causing lots of vibrations to enter the tank, there is no problem. Just to be sure, set the alarm & then trigger it while watching the fish. If the fish suddenly dart about a little, then the alarm is causing vibrations that are disturbing them. If the fish have no reaction, they can't feel the vibrations & you don't need to worry about it.

9. OP
    OP
    Stradius011

Thank you very much! This was what I was wondering about <3

10. Goldwing_Don

Goldwing_Don Well Known Member Member

teach them how to use the alarm system

11. G

Gargoyle Well Known Member Member

This guy is smart!! Thanks I learned something new today... ;D

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice