Will the aggression disappear?

1. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

I got a pair of kribs and i have had them in my tank for about 3 days now. The male is showwing a little aggression to his wife. I have plenty of hiding spots its just that he is sort of chasing her around when she comes near him. Is this normal? will the aggression disappear?

2. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

all fish get aggressive and show weird behavoir before mating and during..if you are sure they are a m/f combo, and there are no injuries you can see, id leave them be..

3. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

their fins are tore up but it was because in the pet store they had like 7 males and 1 female in the same tank so the males got fiesty tore each other up but the fins are recovering

Btw: don't mix rcs and kribs, I now have a male krib with a full stomach and am missing 1 rcs

4. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

IMO most cichlids will snack on a shrimp..especially at molting time...sorry for the loss of the lil guy

5. raptorsvt79 Well Known Member Member

the same thing happend to me, but after two to three days....they got along great...

6. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

Actually it was a female, a nice big one with a bunch of swimlets full of eggs.
    I think it might get better, they are sort of establishing territories