Will swordtails be fine in a 29 gallon tank?

  • Thread starter

Sprinkle

Well Known Member
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
650
Points
123
Experience
1 year
Hi guys, on my birthday next month I will be getting a new tank for my swordtails and mollies and plecs. I found a 29 gallon tank (110 L) on eBay, I didn't find a 114 L tank.
Will they be fine in a 29 gallon tank?
 

Corycatz

New Member
Messages
48
Reaction score
19
Points
8
Yea, swordtails would be great in a 29 gallon. Just be careful with swordtails and mollies because they’re prolific breeders, but otherwise that sounds great.
 
  • Thread starter

Sprinkle

Well Known Member
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
650
Points
123
Experience
1 year
Corycatz said:
Yea, swordtails would be great in a 29 gallon. Just be careful with swordtails and mollies because they’re prolific breeders, but otherwise that sounds great.
Thanks for your reply. I also found on FB a 120l fish tank with heater and filter for only £100. Sounds like a great deal.

Hi all, I can't find large enough tank. I found a 92L tank for cheap. I just want to know if my 1 molly, 1 plec and 3 swordtails be fine in a 92L tank?
 

Corycatz

New Member
Messages
48
Reaction score
19
Points
8
You could probably fit some mollies in there and some swordtails, as some breeders use, but I wouldn’t use a 92L for a permanent home. IMO, swordtails need at least 30 gallons/113L, but since its only three it might work. As for the pleco, it depends on which one but if it’s a BN pleco you could probably house it there for a while, and it’d be up to you to upgrade it’s tank or rehouse it.
 
  • Thread starter

Sprinkle

Well Known Member
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
650
Points
123
Experience
1 year
Corycatz said:
You could probably fit some mollies in there and some swordtails, as some breeders use, but I wouldn’t use a 92L for a permanent home. IMO, swordtails need at least 30 gallons/113L, but since its only three it might work. As for the pleco, it depends on which one but if it’s a BN pleco you could probably house it there for a while, and it’d be up to you to upgrade it’s tank or rehouse it.
So, from my understanding, 3 swords and 1 molly and one BN plec will be fine? My mother agreed for a tank up to 105L even when I tried to explain to her that her animal abuse could end up in deformed, sick and stressed and dying early fish. Nope, still something up to 105L. No, seriously could someone explain to her this?
I also have two female guppies (who [I think] gave birth today ) and three male guppies. Will they all be alright?
 

Corycatz

New Member
Messages
48
Reaction score
19
Points
8
Sprinkle said:
So, from my understanding, 3 swords and 1 molly and one BN plec will be fine? My mother agreed for a tank up to 105L even when I tried to explain to her that her animal abuse could end up in deformed, sick and stressed and dying early fish. Nope, still something up to 105L. No, seriously could someone explain to her this?
I also have two female guppies (who [I think] gave birth today ) and three male guppies. Will they all be alright?
Yeah, they'll most likely be alright but I would try to prevent them breeding anymore by putting them in separate tanks because they're prolific breeders, and yeah most likely your BN pleco, swords, and mollies will be fine for the time being. They wouldn't be living their ABSOLUTE best life but at the same time they won't exactly suffer, but it's always good to get as large a tank as possible
 
  • Thread starter

Sprinkle

Well Known Member
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
650
Points
123
Experience
1 year
Corycatz said:
Yeah, they'll most likely be alright but I would try to prevent them breeding anymore by putting them in separate tanks because they're prolific breeders, and yeah most likely your BN pleco, swords, and mollies will be fine for the time being. They wouldn't be living their ABSOLUTE best life but at the same time they won't exactly suffer, but it's always good to get as large a tank as possible
Yeah, I will be trying for a bigger tank as possible.
 
Toggle Sidebar

New Threads

Similar Threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media





Top Bottom