Will Small Koi Eat My Baby Plecos?

AngelsAbove

I had a extra QT tank ready to hold 2-3 small (3"-6") koi I'm buying at a koi show tomorrow afternoon for a few days, but I found out someone disassembled it while I was away. The pond is still cycling.
I have a couple options.
1) Keep the koi in my pleco fry tank (the plecos in there are 1") .
2) Try to quickly net the plecos and get rid of them in the morning (this will be extremely impractical) and keep the koi in there.
3) Risk putting them in the uncycled QT
4) Put them in my larger community tank (last possible option).

I'm guessing the koi will eat the smaller plecos? Time to steel myself for a stressful morning.

CaptainAquatics

I had a extra QT tank ready to hold 2-3 small (3"-6") koi I'm buying at a koi show tomorrow afternoon for a few days, but I found out someone disassembled it while I was away. The pond is still cycling.
I have a couple options.
1) Keep the koi in my pleco fry tank (the plecos in there are 1") .
2) Try to quickly net the plecos and get rid of them in the morning (this will be extremely impractical) and keep the koi in there.
3) Risk putting them in the uncycled QT
4) Put them in my larger community tank (last possible option).

I'm guessing the koi will eat the smaller plecos? Time to steel myself for a stressful morning.

How big is your pleco fry holding tank? If it’s big enough you could build or buy a divider so the plecos could be on one side and the koi another.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
  • kleon33
  • Koi
Replies
Views
JB92668
  • Annandgoldfish
  • Koi
Replies
Views
Gypsy13