Will Seven Juvenile Yellow Labs Be Okay In A 10 Gallon For A Two Week Quarantine?

clinty76

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
They will be in the 10 gallon for two weeks then they will be transferred to a 75 gallon.

Demeter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
What size are they? The quarantine would have to have a seasoned filter and you will need to make sure it can keep up with their bioload, but other than that I don't see much of a problem. Just provide enough cover and make sure no one is getting bullied,

NavyChief20

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
hmmm Demeter is right, you really have to have a seasoned filter. They should be ok for a short period of time but dont keep them there too terribly long. Do some water changes as you normally would but if they start acting off you need to move em el pronto. I would look into a bigger QT for future use.

Lorekeeper

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
+1 to Demeter.

For cover, pieces of PVC and PVC elbows make great QT decor. As long as they're pretty young, there shouldn't be any major aggression issues, but keep a close eye.

clinty76

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Demeter said:
What size are they? The quarantine would have to have a seasoned filter and you will need to make sure it can keep up with their bioload, but other than that I don't see much of a problem. Just provide enough cover and make sure no one is getting bullied,
I would say they are 1"- 2" long. The filter is extremely seasoned, around two years old! The doesn't have any decor, but I'll add some PVC pieces so they have places to hide. They'll be in there a max of two weeks unless they show signs of a disease.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom