Will Rcs + Crs Crossbreed????????

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by REDKAHUNA, Mar 28, 2010.

1. REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNA Valued Member Member

Hi folks I have been breeding tropicals for 40 years cories the last 10+ or so mainly. I set up 2 29 gal h and 2 20 gal. h I am going to expand into shrimps. I already have blue and red cherry along with crystal red shrimp all in there own 10 gal. tanks. I know the blue will mix with the cherry I learned this by accident. LOL

BUT Will the cherry cross with the crystal I think a tank with booth would be nice but I dont want hybrids well at least not yet. LOL

I thank you ahead of time for your knowledge and time.

2. i

ilikefish Valued Member Member

No they won't. They are a different species so you can mix them together. There have been occasions that I thought my cherry and crystal crossed because my cherry had funny colours. But it turned out just to be a fluke cherry variation. Have fun breeding inverts! They are so fun and fascinating to watch! I'll be your first customer on some crs's : )

3. navyscuba

navyscuba Well Known Member Member

While reading this I just remember that my Blueberry shrimp had babies about a week or so because they are already about a 1/4" long already. hahaha Found them just looking at the moss the other night.

4. OP
    OP
    REDKAHUNA

REDKAHUNA Valued Member Member

I thought so but wanted to be sure. Thanks I just ordered 50 CRS to split up amongst the tanks so I will put the cherries with the crystals tomorrow.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice