Will RCS climb out of the tank?

Discussion in 'Cherry Shrimp' started by Kasye, Jul 4, 2015.

1. Kasye

KasyeValued MemberMember

I was thinking of putting bamboo in my tank, but I was wondering what were the chances of me having my red cherry shrimp (or for that matter, my amano as well), actually climb out of the tank via the bamboo? Granted, in theory, they could also do that with the heater or filter, but I'm still concerned about this.

Though, I might just try to find bamboo that just barely has the leaves out of the water anyway, haha.

2. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Hi Kasye
    My amano shrimp climbed out of my tank.....without bamboo. I found it dried up later... :(
    If you use bamboo, make sure part of it is out of the water.

3. ThatGuppyGuyValued MemberMember

Never seen one of my RCS ever try and get out of the water. They won't even climb on top of floating plants, always staying in the water.

4. OP
    OP
    Kasye

KasyeValued MemberMember

Oh no! I've always been afraid of that with mine, but I've never seen him go further than climbing into the filter! I guess theoretically, if they wanted to do it, they'd do it no matter what.

5. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yes, they would. It might have been stressed out by the betta, so that's probably why it climbed out...

6. OP
    OP
    Kasye

KasyeValued MemberMember

Soooo what we're saying, is I should go for the bamboo ;)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice