Will Rainbow Shark Bother Albino Cory Catfish?

MGKofARMR4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Wow, I have a albino cory catfish and a rainbow shark in my tank too, My rainbow shark chases every fish in the tank, Well not my albino cory catfish, Even if its near the rainbow shark, The rainbow shark doesn't chase it at all, So i think a albino cory catfish and a rainbow shark will work.

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
MGKofARMR4 said:
Well it worked for my tank, The rainbow shark never chased my cory catfish, Even if it stared at the corydoras...
Im saying nope like this: will the shark bother the cory? No it will not bother the cory

MGKofARMR4

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Aqua Hands said:
Im saying nope like this: will the shark bother the cory? No it will not bother the cory
Lol depersonalization has gotten me today, So i think different i thought saying nope was saying yes

Aqua Hands

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
MGKofARMR4 said:
Lol depersonalization has gotten me today, So i think different i thought saying nope was saying yes
LOL, Its cool man. I also suffer from depersonalization

Neutral-Waterinos

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Fish345 said:
Need to know.
Do you plan to keep the rainbow in a 20 gallon? Like your profile states you have? I don't know but I thought rainbows grew bigger than that. Btw nice profile picture lol!

Fish345

Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Well i'm not a fish expert and am still going to keep it in my 20 gallon.

i went to Walmart yesterday and saw about 1o- 15 of them in a 5 gallon tank

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Fish345 said:
i went to Walmart yesterday and saw about 1o- 15 of them in a 5 gallon tank
First off, Walmart has no business selling fish IMO. Every Walmart I see that sells fish keeps them in pitiful conditions and they are almost always terribly sick and neglected.

Secondly, fish stores are only temporary holding tanks for fish, as most of them are only there for a few weeks. Fish shops can't realistically keep each fish in ideal conditions, due to space and costs.

Lastly, if you keep it in a 20 gallon you're going to stunt it. Fish don't "grow to the size of their tank", their outsides stop growing but their insides don't, and it is a painful and debilitating condition.

Kiks

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Please keep your fish under appropriate conditions. One of the things to consider when owning a pet is that you’re 100% responsible for it. It’s up to you to treat it right and give it a great life.
You do not have to be an expert in order to do your best. Someone has advised you to only keep rainbow sharks in a 55 gallon minimum, so now you do know better.
Walmart keeping 10 - 15 of them in a 5 gallon says nothing about anything really. Fish aren’t kept right at the store, they cannot house 10 - 15 of them individually in 55 gallon tanks. They keep them for a short amount of time until someone takes them home and offers them the space they need.

Maybe you’re not ready to keep a pet if you do not care whether it dies or not...

junebug

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Fish345 said:
Well i'm not a fish expert and am still going to keep it in my 20 gallon.
Fish345 said:
if it dies it dies
i will just buy new one
That is what we call animal abuse.

For the record, in small aquaria, rainbow sharks can and will become extremely aggressive and will likely attack any fish in the tank with them. In a larger aquarium, they'd probably get along with other bottom dwellers. But in a 20 gallon you'll just end up with a bunch of dead fish.

Bruxes and Bubbles

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Saying you'll just get a new one if it dies is essentially the same as saying you'll keep a Great Dane in a chihuahua's cage and just replace it when it dies. As a puppy it may work. But when it gets older that will either kill or severely injure it/lessen its lifespan.

Same with fish.

If you commit to an animal, you commit to its care and its housing needs. No matter if the animal is a horse, dog, cat, fish, or roach.

Sel

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Funny that you care enough about your catfish to ask, but don’t give a **** if the rainbow suffers.

NavigatorBlack

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Aqua Hands said:
That's bad advice of the week. If the rainbow shark dies a few days after you get it, no. If it lives,it will get more and more territorial as it ages. If you are lucky, it will only bother the Corys. It can also kill them.
Fish345 said:
if it dies it dies
i will just buy new one
This thread should be picked up in a pair of tweezers and preserved in a bottle of alcohol. It is worth keeping.

Fish345 said:
Well i'm not a fish expert ...
That one's true.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom