Will Nerite Snail Be Ok At Higher Temp?

Bryangar

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I wouldn’t. Raising the temperature really does nothing if you aren’t treating the tank. All it does is speed up the ich life cycle. Raising it also lowers the oxygen in the water so you’ll have to add alot of aeration. It’ll probably die at 96F but so will everything in the tank.
Don’t medicate the tank until you are sure it is ich. If it is ich, I have heard good things about Kordon Ich attack and Rid ich plus. I’d leave the snail in there because it’s possible ich attached to him. I’m not sure if it’s invertebrate safe. Check it out but just to be safe to add him to another tank.

ASHLEY R COOK

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I wouldn’t. Raising the temperature really does nothing if you aren’t treating the tank. All it does is speed up the ich life cycle. Raising it also lowers the oxygen in the water so you’ll have to add alot of aeration. It’ll probably die at 96F but so will everything in the tank.
Don’t medicate the tank until you are sure it is ich. If it is ich, I have heard good things about Kordon Ich attack and Rid ich plus. I’d leave the snail in there because it’s possible ich attached to him. I’m not sure if it’s invertebrate safe. Check it out but just to be safe to add him to another tank.
Almost everyone on this site recommends raising the temp to around 86 F and doing extra gravel vacs to rid ich.
Not 96 F.
Most of the research I've done points to trying without meds first but I do have meds on hand if needed.
I just need to know if 86 F for two weeks is ok for the nerite.

sleow

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Increasing to 86F totally got rid of the small ich outbreak I had in my tank. I didn't have my nerites in there at the time though. They are in there now, it's at 82F and they're doing fine.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom