Will My Tank Stay Cycled?

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have to move my tank to a place no more than 10 minutes away and I was wondering if my tank will stay cycled? I plan to keep everything in my filter wet to preserve the bb and I have some buckets laying around so I plan to take 10 gallons of the current tank water. I will be changing the substrate but I believe that doesn't hold as much bb as the filters. With all this will my tank stay cycled?

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Okay thanks. An additional question I was wondering, this new substrate I have BDBS can make you do water changes to help it clear, would it be smart on waiting to add any of my filters or water before I cleared it up a bit?

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Already on the cleaning part. Decided I would start on the sand so I could take the day setting up my tank after moving it.

Fashooga

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
What you can do if the tank is dusty is to put poly-fil into the tank. You can find it at a craft store or Walmart...Stuff some of that into the filter or canister and that will catch the fine particles. I have it in my tanks to keep it crystal clear.

When your moving a tank to a different location make sure that you check your parameters first. Some places are different than others and might affect your tank a tiny bit.

Your tank should be the last thing you move and the first thing to set up.

spike98

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Alittle ahead on the moving, moved everything else already so I had the whole day to set up the tank when I got it there. And thanks on the water clearing tip.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom