Will My Tank Be Over Stocked?

Fishyfishlondon

HI All,

I have a 125l tank with internal filter (U3). Currently I have the following in the tank:

3x Neon Tetra
4x Gold Cardinal Tetra
3x Zebra Danio
2x Gold Dust Mollies
4x Guppies
1x Ancistrus

I’d like to add 3 more tetras (same as current species) 3 zebra danios and 2 more mollies. Will there be enough room in my tank for these or will it be overstocked please?

Thanks

Abi

aquatickeeper

Dimensions?

Fishyfishlondon

80x35x50cm

86 ssinit

Looks like a 33 gallon. How bigs the pleco?? Others will say no but I don’t think you will have a problem. 25 Small fish in a 30 gal should be fine.

Adriifu

I personally don't like keeping mollies, as they produce a lot of waste and tend to be aggressive toward smaller fish. That's simply from my personal experience. You can add two more, but I'd be very cautious. You'd need to keep an eye on the water parameters as well as the behavior of other fish. You'll also want to make sure that all of your mollies are females unless you want them to breed. If this is so, then you'll need an extra tank appropriate for mollies.
All plecos produce a lot of waste and tend to be very messy, so I would suggest upgrading yours to a 55-gallon tank.

Other than that, you seem to be alright. Make sure to add the fish slowly to prevent ammonia spikes.

Fishyfishlondon

Thanks, the pleco is only tiny (2-4cm) and supposedly max size is 12-13 cm for this type.

Will be careful adding any more Mollies!!

Thank very much

aquatickeeper

First, I would rehome one school because 3 schools in a 30" tank is a bit too much. Personally, I wouldn't add anymore mollies because they produce a lot of waste; just like the pleco you have in there.

NavigatorBlack

So for our US friends - it take a few seconds to convert measurements. Just google 125L in gall and you have it in seconds.
It's the reverse of what I do every time there is a question in Fahrenheit. No guess work involved.

Fishyfishlondon

Definitely not getting any more mollies... turns out it’s not 2 girls and now have a tank full of babies have separated them into a breeding box to give them the best chance!

Adriifu

Fishyfishlondon said:
Definitely not getting any more mollies... turns out it’s not 2 girls and now have a tank full of babies have separated them into a breeding box to give them the best chance!
Hopefully you can find homes for them.

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom