Will My Siamese Algae Eater Eat Coral Moss

BlueRamLover

I recently purchased a sae from my lfs to help with bba before I went on vacation (he hasn't touched it) and I was wondering if he would eat coral moss because I think coral moss would do great in my dragonstone aquascape.

kallililly1973

IME SAE when young will eventually realize BBA is a part of their diet but as they age and get larger they will mainly look around for food that reaches the bottom. Wafers, fresh veggies, flakes and basically anything else they can find. What size are your SAE now?

BlueRamLover

About 2 inches. He has started getting pigish and is eating fish food

kallililly1973

BlueRamLover said:
That's a little bigger than when I got mine. Mine were only 3/4-1" long. If you cut back on the fish food he will scavenge for other things typically the BBA

BlueRamLover

My fish still need some food but he actually swims up and takes it from my fingers, greedy thing!

kallililly1973

BlueRamLover said:
That's a little bigger than when I got mine. Mine were only 3/4-1" long. If you cut back on the fish food he will scavenge for other things typically the BBA

BlueRamLover

I know that they won't eat phoenix moss (I really want some) but I can't keep it because my temp is 80 for my blue rams and it needs less than 77. is there any moss they won't eat?

I just want moss for my 20 gal dragon stone aquascape, specificly wondering if they will eat coral moss.

SFGiantsGuy

They usually sift and rummage through it, but don't think they'll eat it really...

Latest threads

Top Bottom