Will my new angelfish be ok

Onering1

I ordered my tank about a year ago now but after waiting over 6 months for it to arrive, spending more time arguing with my parents about where to put it and then have every possible problem once I started cycling it I finally went to my local aquarium shop today to get some fish and it turned out that they didn’t have the only fish that I was looking for and had done all of my research on. But while we were there my mum decided that we weren’t leaving untill we had a fish, so now I have 3 angelfish that I know nothing about and while I did check once I got home my parameters are all ok that is all I know and I just wanted to know if there is anything urgent that I should know about them.

I also have some pictures here incase they have some disease or something that I can’t see as well as a picture of the food they reccomended and told me to feed them once a day
You must be registered to see images

carsonsgjs

Keeping multiple angels can be a challenge as they can be aggressive if they pair up and spawn, or are the same sex. If that happens, tank setup is important. Include lots of decor to break up lines of sight.

Any other tank mates with them? What size tank are they in? Hikari foods are good but I’d mix things up and offer some live/frozen foods as well - brine shrimp, black mosquito, daphnia etc.

Onering1

There are no other tank mates at the moment but my parents really want me to get more fish eventually. I was also surprised when they only gave me one food option and I will probably just find something online. Also the tank is 127 litres.

Sedna

There are no other tank mates at the moment but my parents really want me to get more fish eventually. I was also surprised when they only gave me one food option and I will probably just find something online. Also the tank is 127 litres.
My tank came with 3 angels upon purchase. Two paired up and bullied the 3rd horribly. I guess 3 is an unlikely number with angels usually. They'll get mighty grumpy too if they begin spawning.. definately do research on good tank mates because they can be big bullies. Good luck.

TClare

I agree with what has been said so far. They will be fine when they are juveniles, later you might run into issues so be prepared to rehome one if necessary. Just out of interest, what was the fish you were hoping to get?

KingOscar

Blushing Angels?

What ever he/she is, the black one is beautiful! Please post a close up.

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Linda1234
Replies
Views
Dennis57
Replies
Views
StarGirl
  • Question