Will My Goldfish Survive?

BoomBoomBetta
I have fancy goldfish kept in my aquarium which is conditioned
If I give it to my friend he will keep it in normal tap water...
Will it die because of water change?
What should I do to save it from dying while keeping in pot by kepping in tap water?

EbiAqua
Can you give your friend your water conditioner and tell him how to use it?

BoomBoomBetta
No..I have only one
And it cost much here
Any other idea?

Alan1212zz
You NEED to use a water conditioner or else your fancy goldfish will die. The chlorine will burn the fishes respiratory system and kill it.

BoomBoomBetta
Can you give your friend your water conditioner and tell him how to use it?
I think it will survive by slightly cange in water and by 1sly making it comfortable in tapwater
Will it survive?

Alan1212zz
No..I have only one
And it cost much here
Any other idea?
You could order some online

Sion
it depends on what is in your local tap water. If it contains chlorine it could kill your fish.

BoomBoomBetta
You could order some online
It cost much here
And nepal doesnot have amazon ebay other popular online system

Niki Rose
I think it will survive by slightly cange in water and by 1sly making it comfortable in tapwater
Will it survive?
No it will not

BoomBoomBetta
it depends on what is in your local tap water. If it contains chlorine it could kill your fish.
But I have seen many goldfish in pond
And people keeping it in pot

Alan1212zz
It cost much here
And nepal doesnot have amazon ebay other popular online system
You have 2 choices then, either you buy some water conditioner or lose the goldfish :/

BReefer97
There's no possible way to make a fish feel comfortable/adapt to tap water. I don't want to put it harshly, but if your friend cannot afford water conditioner where you are - he shouldn't keep fish (he wouldn't be able to anyways). That is unless he runs on well water and it contains no chlorine or heavy metals.

Niki Rose
But I have seen many goldfish in pond
And people keeping it in pot
That's because of rainwater and there is also pond dechlorinator

BoomBoomBetta
You have 2 choices then, either you buy some water conditioner or lose the goldfish :/
I'm selling it to my friend so
If it dies I should return money I suppose

BReefer97

No, I just wouldn't sell it to your friend if he doesn't have the necessary means to keep it. That's plain cruel.

Niki Rose
Sorry but its a living thing if someone cannot take responsibility for the pet and supply it with proper care then I think they shouldn't own it.

KaitKat
Untreated water will kill the fish. There's no way around it. If your friend isn't willing to buy a thing of water conditioner then he doesn't deserve the fish. If you give the fish to your friend you're sending it to its grave.

Goldiemom
Can he at least leave a bucket of water sitting out for 24 hours to get rid of chlorine? What's he putting the fish in? Doesn't sound like he can care for the fish.

mattgirl
OK folks we all need to calm down and try to help the young man. The OP lives in Nepal, as in, not in the USA. It is very possible that his water doesn't have chlorine added to it and even if it does his friend can age the water naturally to let the chlorine leach out. If tap water is allowed to age in a bucket the chlorine will dissipate.

We in this country are very blessed to be able to purchase whatever we need very easily. It isn't that way in other places in the world. Please cut this young man some slack instead of beating him up with what might happen.

Goldiemom
I agree, Mattgirl. The chlorine will evaporate in about 24 hours. Just keep some out all the time. My biggest concern is what he is putting the goldfish in. If it is going to be kept in a "pot" then it needs to be a very large pot with frequent water changes.

mattgirl
I agree, Mattgirl. The chlorine will evaporate in about 24 hours. Just keep some out all the time. My biggest concern is what he is putting the goldfish in. If it is going to be kept in a "pot" then it needs to be a very large pot with frequent water changes.
I agree but until we hear something else his word for "pot" may not be the same as what we see in our mind when we hear the word.

BoomBoomBetta can you let us know your/our concerns about the container this fish will be in. If it is big enough and your friend ages his water the fish may actually live a long healthy life.

BoomBoomBetta
OK folks we all need to calm down and try to help the young man. The OP lives in Nepal, as in, not in the USA. It is very possible that his water doesn't have chlorine added to it and even if it does his friend can age the water naturally to let the chlorine leach out. If tap water is allowed to age in a bucket the chlorine will dissipate.

We in this country are very blessed to be able to purchase whatever we need very easily. It isn't that way in other places in the world. Please cut this young man some slack instead of beating him up with what might happen.
Thankyou very much

BoomBoomBetta
I agree but until we hear something else his word for "pot" may not be the same as what we see in our mind when we hear the word.

BoomBoomBetta can you let us know your/our concerns about the container this fish will be in. If it is big enough and your friend ages his water the fish may actually live a long healthy life.
He will keep it in a bowl...like normal round bowl

mattgirl
He will keep it in a bowl...like normal round bowl
You may want to reconsider your plan of selling this fish to your friend if he is unable to give it a proper home. I know there are folks that do keep goldfish in bowls but it is not really the best thing for the fish. Maybe your friend should wait until he is able to set up a large enough tank for it.

as always, just my humble opinion

Danjamesdixon
Yeah keeping a Goldie in a bowl is not 'normal'. It's cruel.

Top Bottom