Will My Fish Smell My Frog?

1. m

mollybabes Well Known Member Member

Today, I got some tetras. I'll have to ask what type they are in the morning. Anyway 3 days ago, my ACF Blotchie died. I have noticed my fish stay at the bottom at the back and won't go near the log that Blotchie used to sit on.

I was wondering if they can smell Blotchie was there and still think she's somewhere in the tank, or just haven't got that courageous yet.

2. MattS99

MattS99 Well Known Member Member

They're probably scared. What kind of tetras, how many of them, and what size tank?

3. OP
    OP
    m

I'm not sure what tetras they are but there are 6 in a 20 gallon.

4. MattS99

If you could get some pictures up, I can probably tell you what they are. You could probably even just describe how they look and I can figure it out.

5. OP
    OP
    m

Tank is off at the moment so I'll describe. They have a red tinge to them and black and white fins and kind of small. Any help?

In the shop they were red fin or something, but I looked them up and it's not that.

6. MattS99

Rummynose tetras?

7. OP
    OP
    m

No. I know what they look like. I have them downstairs and they look nothing like them.

8. MattS99

Candy cane tetra?

9. OP
    OP
    m

No I think I have just found it. Not what it was called in the shop but I think it's crystal red

10. MattS99

Ah, they look nice.

11. OP
    OP
    m

I know. They're quite adorable really.

Do you think they are just scared then? And it's nothing to do with the smell