will my fish eat stick insect eggs? Question

1. socks2009 Member Member

a bit of a random food question, but does anyone know if guppies/betas/danios/tetras will eat stick insect eggs/babies?
    i might be getting some stick insects and know they are pretty good consistent egg layers, plus easy to keep (i had them years ago) so would there eggs be an easy cheap food for my fish?

2. Gouramiguy17 Well Known Member Member

you probably could feed them that but not as a constant source for food, i might wait till some one else replies

3. btate617 Well Known Member Member

Like Gouramiguy17 said you could probably feed them to them. But don't think of it as a cheap food source, because I wouldn't do it often. Meaning don't use them as your staple food.

Also people shouldn't eat aquarium fish because of the chemicals we use and also the food we feed our fish... I would check what is in the food you feed these critters and make sure it is ok. Also maybe ask a shop that specializes in reptiles and bugs and such and see what they think.

Brian

4. socks2009 Member Member

hmmmm i wasn't thinking as a constant but even once or so a week. the ones i had before ate privit, which i grew in my garden. I have a bush that i dont use any chemicals on, that would be the stick insects food. i already give them brine shrimp, blood worm, daphine flakes and pellets randomly, i was thinking just a bit more variance on their food.
    i found a couple of articles on the net that say you can feed them to fish. but still not sure. might keep doing some research...