Will My Fish Be Ok After This ill Fated Water Change.

• Thread starter Megaanemp
  • Start date

Megaanemp

Well Known
Hello all,

Just had a bit of a disastrous water change on my guppy tank, I feel like such an idiot:banghead:
Anyways heres what happened :
I had to do a big water change as I was moving the tank. I changed like 2/3 of the water (it’s only 5.5 gallon)
My water here is super soft so I add a gh booster designed for shrimp tanks. I matched the gh from the old water to the new water I was adding.
However the ph in the new water was a bit lower than the water left in the tank and I already dumped the water I took out. So I had to put the lower pH water into the tank. Then half hour after all this I realized I forgot to put water conditioner in! I just conditioned the water, the fish seem fine so far but I’m worried the pH swing and chlorine ordeal could hurt them. I’m not worried about killing the bb in the tank with the unconditioned water because the tank isn’t cycled the large number of plants off set the bioload. But I’m pretty concerned about my fish.

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Had there been a problem I'm sure you would have see the affects before you added conditioner

Megaanemp

Well Known
richiep said:
Had there been a problem I'm sure you would have see the affects before you added conditioner
That’s good to hear, thanks for the reply:)

Megaanemp

Well Known
Kitley said:
Not too long ago I forgot to add dechlorinator with a fifty percent water change. I realized 3 or 4 hours later and added it. This is for my guppy fry and they all survived.
I’m glad to hear that thank you. My fish are still behaving normally so I think it looks like they’re going to be fine. Phew!

Top Bottom