Will My Dwarfs Eat Guppy Fry Question

Discussion in 'Dwarf Gourami' started by Turbo2324, Jun 13, 2018.

1. Turbo2324

Turbo2324 Valued Member Member

Hey so I have 2 male gouramis not by choice I was mis informed when I bought the blue one that it was a female due to not having stripes they get along fine tho, but I have 2 Platy fry and 1 guppy fry both about 2cm big and I need to know wether or not they will be safe in my 4ft tank with the gouramis I can’t tell wether or not they are just bigger hen the gouramis mouths Image1528886918.626933.jpg Image1528887031.711716.jpg

2. RainBetta

RainBetta Well Known Member Member

I wouldn't put the fry in yet. The DGs will eat them, from my experience. I'd wait until they are fully grown, or at least near to that

3. OP
    OP
    Turbo2324

Yeah ok Thankyou

4. OP
    OP
    Turbo2324

I’ve also got a heap of other newly born fry I’m keeping in a net in the main tank I’m not 100% sure wether guppy or Platy I’d say both aswell as 2 wrestling half beak fry would the 3 half grown fry eat these smaller fry??

5. RainBetta

IMO it really depends on the larger fry. My larger fry will go after the smaller fry, but I have a friend who this never happens to.

6. OP
    OP
    Turbo2324

So I have removed my goldfish as he was my main worry I have also bought 5 baby harlequins wich I realised are the same size as my guppy/Platy fry and they were big enough not to fit in the gouramis mouth so I now have all my fish in the community tank peacefully

7. RainBetta

Great!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice