Will my betta be fine in an almost bare tank for a while?

catglass

Reaction score
Turns out I didn't sand down the sketchy petco decoration enough and now my poor boy has a tear in his caudal fin. I'm getting rid of it immediately of course, but I'm not sure if he'll be fine in an almost bare 10 gallon. I'm sure it'll be better than ripped up fins but I'm worried he'll get stressed by lack of cover. Thoughts?

Aurorafishy

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
catglass said:
Turns out I didn't sand down the sketchy petco decoration enough and now my poor boy has a tear in his caudal fin. I'm getting rid of it immediately of course, but I'm not sure if he'll be fine in an almost bare 10 gallon. I'm sure it'll be better than ripped up fins but I'm worried he'll get stressed by lack of cover. Thoughts?
How long will you keep him? Many people keep quarantine tanks which are empt. So if it’s a few weeks I think it’ll be fine. Not sure how it’ll be like if you do more than that.

CheshireKat

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Short answer: yes.
Long answer: one of my bettas has been in a bare bottom tub for a year (since he was a dying baby from Petco) with just a weak little filter and a mass of Java moss. I think he's been the healthiest of all my bettas. Lots of people do bare bottom tanks with no problems :) they're easier to clean

New Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom