Will Moss Balls Make Enough Oxygen?

Discussion in 'Aquarium Plants' started by MossBall, Apr 16, 2017.

1. MossBall

MossBall Valued Member Member

I have 3 small/medium moss balls. I do not plan to put any other live plants in the tank. My filter is completly under water and moves the water well but it does not pump air into the water. The flow does disturb the top of the water line but not enough to make bubbles or noise. (I needed this set up to be completly scilent, which it is) this is a 10 gallon tank. I plan to stock with a dwarf Craw, snowball shrimp and maybe a school of very small top living fish like endlers or white clouds.

2. F

Florian Pellet Well Known Member Member

The moss balls won't do much for the oxygen. But the surface agitation from your filter will do perfectly fine.

3. OP
    OP
    MossBall

Ok thank you. Even though the surface agitation doesnt create bubbles and does not pass through the air like most filters? @Florian Pellet But it does swirl the surface quite a bit.

4. F

Florian Pellet Well Known Member Member

Yeah you don't need to break the surface nor to create bubbles. You just need the surface to move and make little waves.

I have that on both my tanks, one of which is very tall (which is harder to oxygenate) and they're totally fine.

5. OP
    OP
    MossBall

Awesome! That puts my mind at ease! One less thing I have to worry about lol. Thank you @Florian Pellet

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice