29 Gallon Tank Will Kamaka Rainbows Work?

Megaanemp

Hello,

I have a 29 gallon (30” long) community tank that I’m stocking. The current stock plan is 2 Bolivian Rams (already owned) and 10 kuhli loaches. I am wondering if a school of about 7 Kamaka Rainbows could also fit in the tank? I’m seeing some conflicting info on the internet about their max size and minimum tank size requirements. From what I gather they get to about 2.5”-3”. If the tank size is ok for them will they fit my water parameters? Also do Rainbow fish need to be kept with a certain gender ratio?

29 Gallon:

Temp: 76F
pH: 7.0
GH: ~2 degrees

veggieshark

If you go with 2-3 females per male and keep two males, that is at least 6 (preferrably more) of them. I think a school of 3" fish may be too much for a 30 gallon, especially since rainbowfish like to swim. It is not impossible if you want it, but a smaller type would be better, also for bringing out the centerpiece nature of the rams.

Upvote 0

Megaanemp

If you go with 2-3 females per male and keep two males, that is at least 6 (preferrably more) of them. I think a school of 3" fish may be too much for a 30 gallon, especially since rainbowfish like to swim. It is not impossible if you want it, but a smaller type would be better, also for bringing out the centerpiece nature of the rams.
Thanks for the reply! That’s kinda what I was thinking. I think I’ll pass on the Rainbowfish until I can upgrade the 30 gallon.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Megaanemp
  • Question
Replies
Views
SterSter
  • Question
Replies
Views