Will Julio Cory’s and peppered Cory’s school together

Hayden2205

Yep me of my local fish stores is relocating and they were getting rid of a bunch of Corydoras and Other fish. I picked up 2 False Juliis and one peppered Cory. I will be putting them in a Fluval flex 15. Even though they are a different species will they still school around the tank or do they need more of each other.
in my 40 breeder I have salt and pepper Cory’s and Pygmy Cory’s that school together.
will it be the same with the Juliis and the pepper.
(I know 3 is a small number for Cory’s and I am planning on getting more Juliis)

Tank mates are:
Male Betta
2 Hillstream Loaches
2 Kuhli Loaches

carsonsgjs

To answer the question directly, no they won't school together although it may look that way.

Can you mix different types of corydoras? | Corydoras Forum | 520671

This thread has some great information regarding Corydoras behaviour and what may appear to be 'schooling'. Doubledutch posted an article in there by Ian Fuller that is definitely worth a read.

SparkyJones

cories school with their own species, safety in numbers. they will occasionally shoal in and out with other species of cories. they may or may not do well with such a low number of either species. they tend to shut down and hide out when it's just one or two of them.

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
ahouseofscales
Replies
Views
whyvonwhy
Replies
Views
jack--sos
Replies
Views