Will it work

1. soccermatt Member Member

Hi,
    I am hoping to set my 24 by 12 by 10 inches, 12.5 gallon tank up with 5-6 cherry barbs, then 3 platies, then a fancy guppy. I am hoping to keep the water temp around 25 and ph at 7. Will this set up work?
    Thanks

2. Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Looks good to me, with good filtration.

AC20 is great. You'll be fine.

3. iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Sounds like a pretty tank. :;cr

Keep an eye on params once everyone's in there. It'll be thoroughly stocked with those fishies, so weekly partial water changes are a must. (But I do all my tanks once per week and I find it easy enough. :))

Don't worry much about the pH - most fish adjust easily to whatever water they're in. Definitely don't chemically change your pH because it's too unstable that way. :;th

4. soccermatt Member Member

what to stock

Hi,

I have a 12.5 gallon aquarium (24x12x10) with an AquaClear 20 filter, water temp around 25 (150 watt heater), and ph around 7. I am still cycling my tank but once it is finished i am wondering what a good beginner fish setup would be. To start i would like to add about 6 schooling fish, then later 3 slightly larger fish, then maybe eventually a centerpiece fish.

I am open and exited to hear to any suggestions.

Thanks

5. Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Hi matt..ive merged your posts as that question has already been asked with some great responses ;)