Will it work

1. soccermatt

soccermatt Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    Hi,
    I am hoping to set my 24 by 12 by 10 inches, 12.5 gallon tank up with 5-6 cherry barbs, then 3 platies, then a fancy guppy. I am hoping to keep the water temp around 25 and ph at 7. Will this set up work?
    Thanks

2. Jaysee

Jaysee Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +236
    Looks good to me, with good filtration.

AC20 is great. You'll be fine.

3. iloveengl

iloveengl Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +54
    Sounds like a pretty tank. :;cr

Keep an eye on params once everyone's in there. It'll be thoroughly stocked with those fishies, so weekly partial water changes are a must. (But I do all my tanks once per week and I find it easy enough. :))

Don't worry much about the pH - most fish adjust easily to whatever water they're in. Definitely don't chemically change your pH because it's too unstable that way. :;th

4. OP
    OP
    soccermatt

soccermatt Member Member

Ratings:
    +0
    what to stock

Hi,

I have a 12.5 gallon aquarium (24x12x10) with an AquaClear 20 filter, water temp around 25 (150 watt heater), and ph around 7. I am still cycling my tank but once it is finished i am wondering what a good beginner fish setup would be. To start i would like to add about 6 schooling fish, then later 3 slightly larger fish, then maybe eventually a centerpiece fish.

I am open and exited to hear to any suggestions.

Thanks

5. Shawnie

Shawnie Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +158
    Hi matt..ive merged your posts as that question has already been asked with some great responses ;)