20 Gallon Tank Will I be overpopulating my aquarium?

Mumble

I'm planning out my first planted aquarium and I'm wondering if I'm trying to have too many fish or if my idea is reasonable.

Im hoping to have a planted 20 gallon long (80x30x30cm in my case to be exact). I would have about 2/3 of the surface be planted gravel substrate and 1/3 sand (mostly for the corys and pleco but also to break up the scene). My current idea is:
6-8 clown killi
6-8 corydoras
1 bristlenose pleco
3 bamboo shrimp
8 cherry red shrimp
8 green jade or blue velvet shrimp

Now of course I wouldn't be introducing them all at once but I'm thinking this might be my final goal for the aquarium, if you guys think it would be reasonable. Any advice or opinions would be greatly appreciated!

BigManAquatics

The pleco could be a wildcard cuz they do poop a lot, but looks ok.

Upvote 0

MyFishAddiction

I have heard that you should only do 1 bamboo shrimp per 10 gallons, but other thank that, looks good.

Upvote 0

mattgirl

Welcome to Fishlore :)

I don't think it will be overstocked but be sure your research the needs of both fish and shrimp to make sure they are parameter compatible. Since you have included a BN Pleco in the stocking plan I will recommend you have adequate filtration. They do produce a lot of poop.

Upvote 0

Natalie666

I like tanks with lots of inverts and cats-that appeals to me a lot for some reason. Have fun!

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Daisy007
Replies
Views
jinjerJOSH22
  • Question
Replies
Views
Islandvic