Will hydra kill adult Neocardinia and Amano shrimp

jbsm

I have cherry shrimp and amano shrimp in my 60 gallon community tank and over the last few weeks I’ve had about 5 shrimp die, I suspect hydra is killing them because I’ve found hydra in one corner of my tank but I was under the impression hydra was only dangerous to baby shrimp. I don’t feed any live food will the hydra eventually die out or do I need to dose the tank? Also if I stop feeding my tank for a few days will the fish eventually start eating the hydra?

The fish in the tank are:

12 Neon tetras

6 KerrI tetras

10 Pygmy corydoras

4 otocinclus

2 SAE

1 Borneo hillstream loach

2 clown pleco

4 nerite snails

And possibly a juvenile apistogramma borellI although I haven’t seen it in a few days the tank is heavily planted so I am not to worried

FathomtheFish

No, they shouldn't be able to kill adult shrimp. What are your parameters?

Sometimes shrimp also die off after a water change for apparently no reason. It's because the change in parameters causes a premature molt in some shrimp, and they die because they lack a shell.

Also, hillstream loaches should be kept in groups; they are social critters.

jbsm

No, they shouldn't be able to kill adult shrimp. What are your parameters?

Sometimes shrimp also die off after a water change for apparently no reason. It's because the change in parameters causes a premature molt in some shrimp, and they die because they lack a shell.

Also, hillstream loaches should be kept in groups; they are social critters.

Thank you FathometheFish I originally bought 3 hillstream loaches and was going to buy another 3 after they finished quarantine but two died within a week of quarantine and the rest at the store either died or sold out so I am waiting for them to be in stock again

The tank has been set up for over a year and I don’t do heavy water changes I mostly top up with a mix of distilled water and spring water the parameters are
0ppm ammonia
0ppm nitrite
20-40ppm nitrate

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Mcasella
Replies
Views
The_fishy
Replies
Views