Will flourish tabs affect my oto's

Status
Not open for further replies.

RavenWolf

Reaction score
Experience
5 years
In my oto tank the plants the leaves are turning brown and dying off so I got some flourish tabs and put one in the tank. It say it may raise the acidity level in the tank if the water is soft or unbuffered. Im just being cautious because I dont want to lose my breeding trio and all there young otos and possible coming fry.

DTurner

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
I do not have experience with the tabs however from experience with the seachem flourish lines of liquid ferts i have had no issues with fish.

You can usually be sure that fertilizers will not effect livestock adversely. If you are worried about water parameters i would just suggest keeping an eye on them. Whats the size of the tank?

Bluestreakfl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Whether you need Root tabs or Liquid ferts depends on the type of plants you have. Water column feeders will need liquid ferts, whereas heavy root feeders will need the tabs. With root tabs, the idea is to press them deep into the substrate by the plants roots. If you push them in, and you see what looks like a smokebomb continuing to go off, you havent buried it deep enough. Regarding acidity, PH etc, as long as you do regular water changes on the tank you shouldnt see any problems using root tabs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom