Will electric blue acara eat these possible tank mates?

wateriswet

I recently got 2 very rambunctious EBAs. I had intended to keep Threadfin rainbows, panda garras, and amano shrimp with them in my 75 gallon but found out that the acaras will eat any of those 3 while trying to quarantine my new purchases together. Urgh! At least my MTS paid off in this instance and I was able to move my very expensive 'feeders' to other tanks.

Right now my 75 looks pretty empty with just the 2 EBAs, a pair of bolivian rams, and a bristle nose pleco. Do you think the EBAs will eat bronze corydoras or dwarf neon rainbow fish?

I'm trying to stock my tank mostly from Aquahuna since my local shops aren't very good and other online places charge a ton for shipping. Do you have other fish you'd recommend from Aquahuna? That's how I settled on bronze corydoras and dwarf neon rainbows, they're in stock. Or another seller with reasonable shipping, prices, and selection in stock? I'd really prefer to not buy 1 fish per store from 3 stores and end up paying more on shipping than the fish cost.

St3v3

I don't know much about aquahuna but I do know at a local petco I saw a firemouth cichlid and I own a firemouth myself. so you could try a firemouth cichlid.

Firemouth Cichlid Medium | Petco

Upvote 0

wateriswet

Yeah, my local petsmart usually has multiple dead and decaying fish in every tank. They don't even bother to take them out when they die. The last time I went in to petco, half of the tanks were completely empty the day after they got a delivery. Either there was a run on fish or they have a big disease problem. My lfs doesn't have many fish, misidentified the last fish I bought from them then refused to trade them in, and so expensive it's usually cheaper to pay shipping than shop with them. So I am now an online only person.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
aae0130
Replies
Views
JoMike
  • Question
55 Gallon Tank Lip Locking Cichlids
Replies
Views