Will different types of kuhli's get along?

KodiakTimber

Hi there!
I know I've been posting on here a lot but the more I watch our new fish the more I worry about them.
Sunday we got (among others) 7 kuhli loaches, and according to the LFS guy, they had black kuhli's and "standard" kuhli's. I asked for all standard. We didn't see much of them the first few days, but yesterday after we overhauled the tank decor they've been much more comfortable and out and about. Obviously I'm no kuhli loach expert, but they all look very different. Based on pictures on the internet, we have

2x chocolate kuhli's, maybe piperata (they are a very very light brown, almost tan, with little speckles and kind of shiny) which are incredibly active and not worried about hiding at all

2x "standard" loaches (pangio kuhli) based on the markings

1x leopard kuhli (again based on the markings)

1x malayana (tiny black saddle dots that don't even go halfway down)

Not sure what #7 is, haven't seen it lol

So my question is, since I have all different types of loaches, will they still help each other out/make each other comfortable/spaghetti bowl together, or is it kinda like different types of tetras where the shoal separately? Do I need to take some of these guys back and replace them with same types? Or are they okay as they are?

A201

I keep three different species of Botia Loaches in the same tank with no problems. Botias are far more aggressive than Kuhlis.
I think your Kuhlis will do just fine together despite their differences.

DoubleDutch

Agree. They will do fine.

KodiakTimber

Awesome, thank you guys!

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Crafty Cichlid
  • Question
40 Gallon Tank Wound on kuhli
Replies
Views