Will Different Batches Of Glass Cats School

Discussion in 'Aquarium Stocking Questions' started by StressIsKey, Apr 11, 2017.

1. S

StressIsKey New Member Member

I am thinking about putting more glass catfish into my tank which i currently have 4 of. Will they all school together if I buy more and introduce them in or will they school separately.

2. Ed204

Ed204 Well Known Member Member

Yes, they will school together.
    Since they are the same species they should school together, but remember you should have an appropriate tank size for them, what tank size do you have?

3. OP
    OP
    S

StressIsKey New Member Member

I have a 40 gallon tank

4. KinsKicks

KinsKicks Fishlore VIP Member

Hello!

Eventually, they should school together, especially if your current school is only four fish (anyways, you'll need more than just four to be considered a school!) Glass catfish are somewhat famous for their strong schooling instinct and should have little to no problem coming together. They will sometimes school in mini-schools, but usually find themselves ending up as one big group again. They know that there is strength in numbers and the more the merrier!

Hope this helps and best of luck!

5. Ed204

Ed204 Well Known Member Member

They should do fine then, are they the only fish in the tank?

6. aquatickeeper

aquatickeeper Fishlore VIP Member

Yes, they will school together. They are the same species, and when introduced to your tank, they will recognize each other and school together

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice