Will clowns eat plants.

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi at the moment i have silk plants because my plec will eat real plants but the plec is getting to big and is going to go back to my LFS .What i want to know is will clowns eat plants as they love veggies so much .

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have never had my clowns take one bite of my plants although they will check them out for fallen bits of food. What I did have problems with was having them bulldoze them up out of the gravel until they were firmly rooted. I solved that problem by putting rocks on the plant bases(where the roots are) until they were rooted. and some here have heard the tale I told about putting plant tabs under my plants then the clowns dug every last one of them up. I guess they thought I was hiding food from them LOL.
Carol

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Cheers Carol ,i had not thought of them digging them up even tho mine have have moved all my gravel about,so the stones sound like a very good idear,do you use a liquid fert know or c02.

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Dont know if you still check this topic boff but they do eat plants, especially te stem of plants not so much the leaves.
My loach loves to eat them i have to throw the plants out every couple of days and re stock the little buggar

boff

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi that sounds onioning having to change your plants all the time .Do you put veggies in for them because mine love courgette, and that might take there minds off your plants.

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Maybe thats why mine don't eat or even nibble my plants because I too feed them veggies.
Carol

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom