Will cherry shrimp eat baby sword tails?

smalli

I need some help with the baby swordtails so I have a 3.5-gallon tank for them but how many should I be expecting? Can someone walk me through what I should do? i have a 36 gallon tank and the 3.5 one should I buy like a separate for the pregnant fish? Also, I want to get cherry shrimp in my 3.5 gallons tank. Will they eat the fry?

jpaquatics

What do you have in the bigger tank besides the swordtails? Do you have a plan to rehome the babies? Some would likely survive in the bigger tank as long as you have good plant/moss cover for the fry. I would just leave the pregnant female in the tank as a move would likely stress her out. You could always net out the fry once they’re born. And cherry shrimp are peaceful and won’t hurt the fry.

Upvote 0

smalli

What do you have in the bigger tank besides the swordtails? Do you have a plan to rehome the babies? Some would likely survive in the bigger tank as long as you have good plant/moss cover for the fry. I would just leave the pregnant female in the tank as a move would likely stress her out. You could always net out the fry once they’re born. And cherry shrimp are peaceful and won’t hurt the fry.
Thanks so much

Upvote 0

SanDiegoRedneck

I need some help with the baby swordtails so I have a 3.5-gallon tank for them but how many should I be expecting? Can someone walk me through what I should do? i have a 36 gallon tank and the 3.5 one should I buy like a separate for the pregnant fish? Also, I want to get cherry shrimp in my 3.5 gallons tank. Will they eat the fry?
I agree with above but want to ad shrimp are a little more sensitive to water parameters than most fish. It is recommended to wait 3 weeks after tank is cycled to ad shrimp.

Ps welcome to fishlore

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

• Question
Replies
Views
Noroomforshoe
Replies
Views
GlennO
  • Question
Replies