Will anything live safely with a betta?

BlueBettaNeptune

I have a male betta that has his own 5 gallon. We used to have a guppy in there with him but about a week ago the guppy died (of natural causes, wasn't betta). When Neptune (the betta) was living in my 20 gallon with other fish he killed my Pleco and several guppies. My mom has been wondering if he could live with 2 Otto cats, but my concern is that he will kill them like he did my pleco. I have also been told in a different topic of mine that ottos needs to be in groups of 6+, which is too many for Neptune's 5 gallon. My question is, should I add a few ottos to Neptune's tank or not?

Coradee

Oto's should be kept in groups of at least 6, imo 5 gallons is too small for any tank mates except a snail

Lucy

So we don't hi-jack BlueBettaNeptune's thread elliot5445's question has been moved to a thread of it's own.
Here's the link:

BlueBettaNeptune

Oto's should be kept in groups of at least 6, imo 5 gallons is too small for any tank mates except a snail

That's what I thought. You did give an idea though, I could get him a snail for a pet....thanks!

Chris99

I recently put some red cherry shrimp in my betta tanks and surprisingly they don't seem to have any problems. They are already crawling with baby shrimp which I assumed would end up as snacks but are doing fine.

BlueBettaNeptune

Yeah, I will look at snails for sale online, thank you!

Anders247

I agree that no tank mates except inverts with a betta in a 5g......

biller

Agreed in a 5 gallon maybe a snail, and if its a aggressive one it sounds best not to have a fish in with it... Even in a 20g.

Sent from my P900/Q900 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

BlueBettaNeptune

Don't worry, Neptune is my favorite fish that I currently own, and if I get him a snail pet it will be a friendly one.

New Aquarium Stocking Threads

Latest Aquarium Threads

Top Bottom