Will A Single Assassin Snail Kill My Full Grown Mystery And Nerite Snails?

Cole23

I had about 7 or 8 very small baby pest snails in my tank and I was able to remove about half of them but a few still remain. I also have 2 nerite snails and a mystery snail in my tank. I just wanted to know if I could add a single assassin snail to my tank to get rid of the pest snails without the assassin snail going after my nerites or mystery snail? Thanks!

StarGirl

If it runs out of food...yes. If it catches them.

Yeoy

I had about 7 or 8 very small baby pest snails in my tank and I was able to remove about half of them but a few still remain. I also have 2 nerite snails and a mystery snail in my tank. I just wanted to know if I could add a single assassin snail to my tank to get rid of the pest snails without the assassin snail going after my nerites or mystery snail? Thanks!
I'd jump on google/youtube and look up how to make snail traps. You might have to stop feeding your other snails for a few days to catch them. But if you've only got a handful of small ones, now would be the perfect time to remove them before they spread.

I'd also advise against an assassin. 1) Yes it will eat the others if it can 2) If you've only got a few snails, it'd kill them all quite quickly and then you've gotta care for it full time after that.

Mycatisanorange

I'd jump on google/youtube and look up how to make snail traps. You might have to stop feeding your other snails for a few days to catch them. But if you've only got a handful of small ones, now would be the perfect time to remove them before they spread.

I'd also advise against an assassin. 1) Yes it will eat the others if it can 2) If you've only got a few snails, it'd kill them all quite quickly and then you've gotta care for it full time after that.
Couldn’t you just rehome it then

DerekO24

I’ve lost count of how many assassins I have and my mystery snail lives harmoniously with them

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
KartoKartofel
Replies
Views
R3licx
  • Fish1999
  • Snails
Replies
Views
mattgirl