Will a gourami attack guppys?

Sir snail
I have a tank I'm wanting to breed guppy with and lets just say I (acquired) an opaline gourami named opal. I was wanting to know if she will kill guppys. Thank

BlueBettaNeptune
If put in the same tank, she will eat the fry. My male betta used to rip the fins of my male guppies until we moved him. Because she is female she won't be as dominant, but she will eat the fry. Also, Gouramis like to be social, so getting a few more and putting them in their own tank is a good idea.

~Krystll~

Anders247
Your gourami may or may not attack guppies, they all have a different personality. When together, they tend to attack each other, I wouldn't put them in groups unless they are pearls, chocolates, or honey gouramis.

FullyCaffeinated
Just a little experience here with both. My male guppy has been perfectly fine for months with a male blue gourami. They don't even acknowledge eachother. The guppy bothers most of the other fish in the tank though so...

MultipleTankSyndrome
I had 3 gourami (1M/2F) and 2 guppies, they were all fine together

Anders247
Just a little experience here with both. My male guppy has been perfectly fine for months with a male blue gourami. They don't even acknowledge eachother. The guppy bothers most of the other fish in the tank though so...

I had 3 gourami (1M/2F) and 2 guppies, they were all fine together
Yep, same with me. However, I've heard many stories of DGs attacking guppies.....

blusshed
I had 6 male fancy guppies with 1 male DG and they never bothered each other at all. I would guess it's possible for the DG to turn aggressive but he died before my guppies...

MarquiseMarie
I have a male Opaline gourami that kills guppies and mollies

Machine11
I have a male DG with 11 guppies (m/f). No issues with the adults. I have never seen fry in the tank though

Krysty
I have a male DG with 11 guppies (m/f). No issues with the adults. I have never seen fry in the tank though

Did he eat em!?

Machine11
Between the DG, angelfish and adult guppies I'd say there have been a few feasts. Likely all playing a part

Similar Aquarium Threads

• JessicaB21
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
Jaguar
  • Question
  • Justin2526
  • Guppy
Replies
Views
smee82