Will A Betta Eat Red Cherry Shrimp?

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
It depends on the betta, but most will eat any bright colored shrimp that can fit into their mouth.

You may get lucky and your betta could care less, or you may have a massacre on your hands.

Feohw

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Many will. Some won't. Mine don't. Shrimplets will likely get gobbled up even if the adults are safe. People have had theirs wipe out their shrimp pretty quickly. Apparently once they get a taste for shrimp they'll go for them. Mine never did.

wrs2

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Mine didn't at first, then he went blind and went wild on them!

sfsamm

Well Known Member
Reaction score
In all likelihood, yes, eventually the betta will find them either a nice snack or a nice chew toy. But, there's a chance you'd get lucky.... I'd recommend a separate tank for your shrimp colony and then if your betta doesn't like shrimp friends and rather prefers shrimp dinners you aren't out all of your shrimp.

Reed M

Valued Member
Reaction score
In all likelihood, yes, eventually the betta will find them either a nice snack or a nice chew toy. But, there's a chance you'd get lucky.... I'd recommend a separate tank for your shrimp colony and then if your betta doesn't like shrimp friends and rather prefers shrimp dinners you aren't out all of your shrimp.
And you can still feed your culls to the Betta if you want, and if he doesn't like them then you have a nice cull tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom