Wildlife at the farm

1. Abalisa Member Member

Thought some of you might enjoy some pics I dug up from my parents farm. They don't hunt and don't allow it (which frustrates my hubby) so they get a lot of wildlife that feels almost like pets there.... Lots of deer, and a fox birthing den right behind their house!

Attached Files:

2. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Those fox pups. I WANT THEM *L*

3. Abalisa Member Member

more deer, the buck was further away so I had a hard time focusing on him with the phone camera....

Attached Files:

4. Abalisa Member Member

I know! they sure are fun to watch play! They had 2 litters in the den last year. I'll have to do some digging to see if I can find the video I took of one of the momma's playing with a kit.

And of course.... here are the horses.

Attached Files:

5. Abalisa Member Member

Cool story about the foxes; my mom will always make sure to keep the cats and dogs away when she knows they have just had pups. One day she was doing dishes and noticed one of the females very close to the house and the other was closer to the den just staring at it. The one close to the house kept looking up at her in the window and then looking back at the den. She went out and the fox basically led her back to the den and one of their big tom cats was sitting on top of it. They were just letting her know to come get the cat! They also had a very small fawn lay on their front porch one day and nap while it's mother ate grass in the yard. How cool is that!

6. LyndaB Fishlore Legend Member

I love foxes....... thanks for sharing the pics. And please give your folks a hug from me for protecting the wildlife as they do.....

7. Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Beautiful pics! Thanks for sharing.

8. jerilovesfrogs Fishlore VIP Member

awesome pics. my parents have a lot of land, and wildlife, and don't allow hunting either. love foxes. =] their little ears are so cute

9. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

there cute when there small like that! I remember a few times at one of the places I worked that a fox den was in a hillside. The foxes were actually quite friendly and didnt mind us walking by or around the area much at all.

10. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

Awww, thats awesome! You know its good when even a fox trusts you :console:

11. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Though not as dramatic as a bald eagle, I do have a nesting pair of broad winged hawks about 200 feet from my house. I also have deer, possums, racoons, box turtles, alligator snapping turtles and blue tailed skinks. Plus, 4-5 species of tree frogs, which love all the water I have here outside. I even have a few tree frogs living in the fishhouse.

12. Abalisa Member Member

We get a lot of red tailed hawks here. The racoons are out of control, they like to steal the food from the barn cats, they wont even move out of the way off the walk unless the dog is with you! No skinks but some salamanders, & lots of tree frogs (loud!) We used to catch snapping turtles by holding out a stick and they would latch on, lucky none of us lost a finger! Have to watch out for black water snakes here too.

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk

13. lorabell Well Known Member Member

Awesome!!!!! I want to go and live there!!!!

14. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

The tree frogs in the fishhouse have a wicked sense of humor.
    They wait until you are cleaning the furthest away part of a tank on a rack, so you are stretched out over the tank between the tank and the shelf above, then scream in your ear from 5-6 inches away.

15. angelfish220 Well Known Member Member

:;lg I figured Santa would have nerves of Steel since he creeps in people's houses :p

16. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

I use the time dilatation devise to stop time while I deliver packages.
    That makes things go a lot smoother.

17. psalm18.2 Fishlore Legend Member

That's great, so much land and wildlife. I thought foxes attacked and were vicious?

18. Akari_32 Fishlore Legend Member

No, foxes are really shy.

Just don't screw with their pups LOL

19. blu3dragon619 Member Member

thats nice big open space... imagin how many fish tank can be set up there lol j/k i wish i can be at place like this but stuck in the city side xD