Wild Plants

1. Jessica J

Jessica J Valued Member Member

Anyone know what this plant is, i found it in a local river in nc. We think its some kind of anubias but not sure any help would be nice thx. IMG_20180625_111520_668.jpg IMG_20180625_111520_665.jpg 20180625_110916.jpg

2. Gypsy13

Gypsy13 Well Known Member Member

3. -Mak-

-Mak- Well Known Member Member

Not anubias because it has a rosette instead of a rhizome, but I don't know what it is. Following to see :)
    Also, which river? I might need to go looking!

4. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

It was on the tar river, 2 we found were growing bottom in the river with leaves out of the water and had flower buds about to open they looked like white flowers, and one was completely under water. Hope they are aquarium safe they would look awesome in our 20g tall. 1529942785749.jpg

5. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

The roots have a nod like the anubias nana we got from the LPS. Thats why we guessed anubias. Googled it and cant find one that looks exactly like it but they all look close.

6. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

Here are a few better pics.you can see the node in the last pic it had lots of growth but i broke them trying to dig it out of the sandy bottom. But the node has good roots so it should regrow. 1529943541110.jpg 1529943672863.jpg 1529943780055.jpg

7. s

smee82 Well Known Member Member

It looks almost like a sword but not quite posibly something similar

8. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

Its a wapato plant. Its part of the arrow head plant family. You can even eat it lol. Thx for the help

9. yukondog

yukondog Well Known Member Member

I also collect wild plant here in N.W.Fl. I have tried those and wild banana plants and I think it is some type of crypt something, be carful of introducing anything you don't want into your tank. Are you going to treat them first?

10. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

Im soaking it in declorinated water for a little while. I read its a broadleaf arrowhead. I think it will look nice in the tank.

11. yukondog

yukondog Well Known Member Member

I put one in my tank and some others after a bleach dip, they looked really nice and stated growing out of the tank, do you have wild bananas in NC.

12. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

Im not 100% sure. We just started looking for wild plants. It would be nice because they are neat looking.

13. OP
    OP
    Jessica J

It looks good, hopefully it will stay that way. I will update on how it does in a few day. 20180625_215955.jpg 20180625_193431.jpg 20180625_193416.jpg