Wild-life photos - Page 49

fish 321

Moose tounge.

Betta'sAnonymous

Big critters. Don't suppose you got a picture of you next to it for scale?(though i wouldn't suggest it)

NoahLikesFish

It isn’t wild anymore but it’s my 1st scape with everything at my disposal at once

Pescado_Verde

A couple from a gray, drizzly day at the zoo.

Pescado_Verde

Crow and a couple of buzzards.

Betta'sAnonymous

The buzzards have cleared out for the time being here. Now replaced with more hawks and some bald eagles.

Pescado_Verde

Went buzzard "hunting" again on Sunday. Great light, birds didn't really cooperate like I had hope but still got a couple of shots.

DoubleDutch

Kestrel hoovering and hunting

Pescado_Verde

Great looking bird. We've got kestrels here in the US but I've never seen one personally.

DoubleDutch

Pescado_Verde said:
Great looking bird. We've got kestrels here in the US but I've never seen one personally.
Several birds of prey had almost got extinct her cause of poison/pesticides, hunt, etc etc...... The past years they are recovering from all of that, which really is great.
Kestrels, Hobbies, Buzzards, Harriers (in my younger years I never saw one), Owls etc.... getting more common.

Pescado_Verde

Sunset buzzard strut.

Elkwatcher

Big Boy is hanging around by my back steps. In one photo he looks like "Whistler's Elk". I guess he likes the protection and my smorgasbord garden.. His harem is up on the mountain side above him so I know there's nothing wrong with him.

erinw347

Hawk landed right in front of my desk.

Pescado_Verde

Do potted plants and snow count as wildlife? "Nature" pics maybe? Anyway, snow in Central Texas - a bit more rare now than when I was growing up so the occasion is picture worthy.

Betta'sAnonymous

Wildest life i seen lately....the wild-eyed domestic shorthair

marijo

Blue jays and chickadees

DoubleDutch

Dutch wildlife

Crimson_687

A very friendly Eastern phoebe.... still very wild though. She was very curious about my face for some reason, she kept flying at me. Pic was taken back few months back, since then she’s put on a lot of weight and is more focused on catching insects than inspecting my face. I think she may be leaving in a month or so. I hope she comes again next year! It was an honor sitting next to her in the same chair and enjoying her company.

The other pics are from this year’s snow geese migration

Pescado_Verde

Interesting zoo sighting yesterday, a giraffe that appears to have another giraffe for a tail.

DoubleDutch

Dutch birdlife

Betta'sAnonymous

Had an owl fly just a few feet above my truck on the highway this morning.

Sofiafish17

Here is a snapping turtle laying eggs in my front yard last summer. I have a creek that runs right next to my house and it connects to a huge reservoir so I always see baby snapping turtles there in the spring time. I saw a painted turtle in my yard once too. When I was younger I would always tromp around in there and get mucked up catching bullfrogs!

Pescado_Verde

Baby giraffe at the zoo with his mama and also getting pointers from the baby kudu.

Algonquin

Not wildlife, but Mother Nature does some pretty cool stuff sometimes This is a frozen whirlpool in the creek behind my house. Wow!

DoubleDutch

Some Dutch birdlife

Algonquin

I always love seeing your Dutch birds
Is that a black Swan?

DoubleDutch

Algonquin said:
I always love seeing your Dutch birds
Is that a black Swan?
Yeah an Australian bird escaped from a birdpark I suppose.
Made these today

Crimson_687

With the recent snowstorm I left out some bird seed to give local wildlife a small boost. Here’s some happy dark-eyed junco and the tracks of birds and cottontail hares. The hares come at night to eat. This is the most snow I’ve ever seen (nearly 6 inches!), the birds seem happy it’s starting to melt though

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom