Wild-life photos - Page 35

86 ssinit

Saw this guy outside Walgreens today .

Ipman37

Omw to work this morning and seen these happy gals wondering around and we had a staring contest as I walked past

Elkwatcher

What I saw on Christmas Morning!

DoubleDutch

German Birdlife + Dutch mushroomlife

MD_Plants

in good ole maryland

Elkwatcher

MD_Plants said:
in good ole maryland
Moss and lichens are nice, are they not!

MD_Plants

Elkwatcher said:
Moss and lichens are nice, are they not!
lichen is so radical in the way it spreads, and the number of species makes it so awesome to photograph. I love moss after snow or when it rains and it manages to peak through

fish 321

Basil

Gorgeous white tailed deer buck on my farm in Maryland.

Kevin1962

A few I've taken over the years.
A jumping spider, some poop because what's more "nature"?, Northern Hawk owl, Woodland Caribou bull, nicest mule deer I've ever seen and a Green Heron.

Señor Pescado

Kevin1962 said:
A few I've taken over the years.
A jumping spider, some poop because what's more "nature"?, Northern Hawk owl, Woodland Caribou bull, nicest mule deer I've ever seen and a Green Heron.
Nice! Where abouts did you snap the picture of the caribou?

Kevin1962

Señor Pescado said:
Nice! Where abouts did you snap the picture of the caribou?
Northern Alberta.

JDWebb01

JDWebb01

There ya go...! Besides aquascaping and babysitting fish, I'm an amateur photographer.

Elkwatcher

JDWebb01 said:

There ya go...! Besides aquascaping and babysitting fish, I'm an amateur photographer.
JDWebb01 these are nice to see in the dead of Winter, can hardly wait for Spring! Lovely s.

Dave125g

Geese migrating south. And a red tailed hawk waiting to snatch a hunters kill.

ValerieAdams

Old photo from May but still thought I would share

Tez

ValerieAdams said:
Old photo from May but still thought I would share

We've got daffs coming through already and the snow drops are in white flowering.

Algonquin

Tez said:
We've got daffs coming through already and the snow drops are in white flowering.
Lucky! We're supposed to be getting 10+ cm of snow tonight

Tez

Algonquin said:
It's still cold here at only 4c and at night we're getting frosts, i've got my camellia wrapped up all with flower buds since last september which will need uncovering soon besides 5 acers..I hope the snow doesn't come to hard on you.

Cheesecake

Algonquin said:
It was 65 yesterday .
I hope you don't feel jealous....

Littlebudda

Eastern water dragon

Littlebudda

seagull in flight Gosford NSW Australia

DoubleDutch

kwekkwekkwekkwek

Littlebudda

Shika

These are a few I've taken over the years; I'm only working with a phone camera, so they're not the best, but! Oh well! We all work with what we've got!

The bullfrog in the 3rd photo actually only had three legs; his front left was completely gone. He hopped back to the pound no issue and disappeared, so I'm optimistically believing he lived a full life and nothing can make me believe otherwise.

And I'm 99% sure the snake is a Northern Browsnake, the spider is an Marbled Orb Weaver, and I think the butterfly is a Red Spotted Purple Admiral

Elkwatcher

Littlebudda said:
Nice! .... what’cha shooting with? Littlebudda

Littlebudda

Canon EOS 200D mkII

Elkwatcher

Littlebudda said:
Canon EOS 200D mkII
Nice to know another Canon shooter. Will keep that model in mind.. like the eye recognition AF and lightweight.

Littlebudda

Love the simplicity of the canon and you really can’t beat the price.

Elkwatcher

Littlebudda said:
Love the simplicity of the canon and you really can’t beat the price.
It’s interesting how Canon changes the model name across the pond.. SL2 over here.

Littlebudda

Blue ringed octopus Terrigal Australia

KinderScout

Canada geese over Saddleworth Moor from about a year back...

Littlebudda

Not fully wild life but this is my daughter feeding the koI (and ducks) at the Japanese gardens n Gosford Australia

Littlebudda

Honey bee collecting springs sweet gift,

Littlebudda

Your average run of the mill garden snail

Amazoniantanklvr

Littlebudda said:

Blue ringed octopus Terrigal Australia
Do you know how deadly those are??

Littlebudda

I live in Australia everything here is deadly . But yes I know it was an educational photo to show the kids as we had been snorkeling and my son who was 5 at the time was very excited as we had just seen a massive stingray so was trying to catch or touch anything in the rock pools so I was talking to him about dangerous things and we found this guy.

They really are beautiful.

Amazoniantanklvr

Littlebudda said:
I live in Australia everything here is deadly . But yes I know it was an educational photo to show the kids as we had been snorkeling and my son who was 5 at the time was very excited as we had just seen a massive stingray so was trying to catch or touch anything in the rock pools so I was talking to him about dangerous things and we found this guy.

They really are beautiful.
I live in Arizona so everything is poisonous, thorny etc. here too.

Yes, they are!!

Littlebudda

Wasn’t going to post these because there not the greatest but seeing’s we are talking about deadly this is a funnel web spider super deadly, I got bitten about 9 years ago luckily the fangs went in one side and out the other (this isn’t the one that bit me)

Tez

Canaculus said:
I hope you don't feel jealous....
Well yes I do it's better than constant rain and now trying to snow
Littlebudda said:
Littlebudda i've seen some lovely shots from members tonight besides yours included but anything climbling with 8 legs sorry the electric bat comes out, as I freeze where spiders are concerned

Littlebudda

We catch them and take them to the reptile park, they milk them to create antI venom, since I’ve been bitten I know the importance of a reliable antI venom. But I get what you mean unfortunately it’s a part of life here everything is trying to kill us

Tez

Littlebudda said:
We catch them and take them to the reptile park, they milk them to create antI venom, since I’ve been bitten I know the importance of a reliable antI venom. But I get what you mean unfortunately it’s a part of life here everything is trying to kill us
Yes in Australia your actually living with the wild life it must be scary though at times..I have a friend in Arizona and when she saw my lizard who passed away, she said I see them daily moving about

Just sorry to hear about all the fires you've suffered in between

Littlebudda

Fires are history now we’ve been dealing with floods for the last 5 days and looking at another 2-3 inches of rain today

Tez

Littlebudda said:
Fires are history now we’ve been dealing with floods for the last 5 days and looking at another 2-3 inches of rain today
I know they're history but did some right damage and these floods are getting bad, we've got them bad here also..it's like the weather as gone totally out of control.

Littlebudda

We didn’t suffer to bad with the fires ourselves we had big ones but mostly stayed the other side of the mountain about 30km from us the worst was a few hours south places I grew up surfing are basically wiped out. But yeah the weather is crazy but it’s always been that way in Australia drought then flood its definitely a wild place.

Tez

Littlebudda said:
We didn’t suffer to bad with the fires ourselves we had big ones but mostly stayed the other side of the mountain about 30km from us the worst was a few hours south places I grew up surfing are basically wiped out. But yeah the weather is crazy but it’s always been that way in Australia drought then flood its definitely a wild place.
I know you suffer in different ways but i'd rather live where you are than here

I hope i'm not throwing the discussion off line

Littlebudda

It’s only the best place in the world wouldn’t go anywhere else

Littlebudda

Corella that wouldn’t stop yelling at me while I tried to weed a garden at work

Tez

Littlebudda said:
Corella that wouldn’t stop yelling at me while I tried to weed a garden at work
Corella how beautiful and just look at the span of those wings

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom