Wild Crayfish Evades Identification

Elloria

Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
So ill first state that I live in central maine. I found some crayfish in a roadside ditch and collected several over a few weeks. At first I was positive they were calico crayfish because the more they moulted the more blue their claws got. They were mostly when I caught them. I fed them colbalt color pellets so when the blue got brighter and spread to their bodies I thought it was that. But then I switched to plain shrimp pellets and a few months latwr all mu crayfish are undeniably blue (with one small one who seems to want to be almost pure white) and at this point 75% of the time ive had them ive been feeding them normal non colorboosting food and they look nothing like any calico crayfish ive ever seen. They look closer to a wild electric blue crayfish. But those are pretty much only in florida and I'm in central maine. Ive never posted here before so I'm gonna post the post then see how to add any photos or vids in case I screw up.

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
1 year
To add photos you go to the bottom of the text box and there’s should be a button that says upload file. Then you can upload a video or picture.

OP
Elloria

Elloria

Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
75g Discus Tank said:
To add photos you go to the bottom of the text box and there’s should be a button that says upload file. Then you can upload a video or picture.
Haha thanks. I found the upload button easy enough then I tried three time to take a short enough video, then waited patiently for it all to upload only to be told incorrect video format. Now I'm trying to herd my spooked crayfish into a photographable area

Several pictures are of the same little white weird dude

Attachments

75g Discus Tank

Fishlore VIP
Reactions
Experience
1 year
I think that they are naturally blue. Color enhancing foods enhance red coloration so I think that they are actually blue.

OP
Elloria

Elloria

Reactions
Experience
5 to 10 years
75g Discus Tank said:
I think that they are naturally blue. Color enhancing foods enhance red coloration so I think that they are actually blue.
I think so too but I can't figure out what species they may be

New Threads