Wigglers!!!!

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I have a pair of koi angels in the 75 G tank and once in a while they spawn but the eggs get eaten before I can get them out. the other night I noticed tehm defending a corner of the tank, and when I looked down into teh tank I saw wigglers lined up in a line about 3 inches long on the silicon of the corner. I sucked them out with a turkey baster and put them in a fry tank. the pics aren't great but I wanted to share.

Attached Files:

2. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

heheheheheheheh. Love is in the air..............

3. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

The wigglers are free swimmers now ;D
    Carol

4. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

WOW are those baby fish??!!They're SOOO small!!

5. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

yes those are fry hanging from the flower, and the black spots are eyes :D
    Carol

6. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Butterfly that is so cute! Now you're going to have many baby koi angels. And koi angels are so beautiful ... so you're going to have a lot of fun with the little ones. How many do you think are there? What are you going to do with all of them when they grow up? Are you going to keep at least some?

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Isabella I have more Koi angel wigglers as of yesterday and I noticed when I got in from work the black lace pair had spawned. Yes I always keep some, thats how I wind up with too many angels ;D But I loce my little beggers.
    Carol

8. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

I got some more today!! I got 4 little platys - lucky I saw your photo to know what to look for cos the other platy that was born on thursday was just like a mini platy whereas the newer ones are MUCH smaller and far less developed. I wonder why the other one was so well developed already?? Amazing what nature does... ::)

9. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

isn't it amazing!! Since Platys are livebearers you get to see them swim immediately after birth. The fry in the pictures were first angelfish eggs and after three days they hatch and are wigglers.then three days later they were swimming around. Its really so cool. Have three batches of Angel fish eggs right now, koi & marble,Koi and sunset blusher and black lace.
    Carol

Attached Files:

10. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

THIS IS SO CUTE! I have never seen fry before and I think the pix are really good. How fast they grow up! ;)

11. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

LOL that's so adorable! How many eggs are there? Do all of them survive? How many angels will you have from these eggs?

12. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thats daddy guarding the eggs(He's one of my babies and is about 18 months old) and he wasn't happy that I was even at that end of the tank ;D Can you tell? LOL there are probably 70 - 100 eggs there. There's always a few that don't hatch or get eaten. I usually average about 25- 50 fry. I think everybody in town has some of my angels all they have to do is say "awww" and they go home with some :D will try to take pics after they hatch.
    Carol

13. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

HAHA that's cool :) If I lived in your town, you'd HAVE TO give me an angel like this! LOL :)

14. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

yep you'd be right there on my list ;)
    Carol

15. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Wow thats a lot of eggs! You must be so proud to be able to breed such a beautiful fish :D That daddy does look very protective - wouldn't mess with him ;D

16. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Miss Mouse I put my hand in the tank yesterday to clean (have to do frequent water changes and keep the tank VERY clean) and he attacked my hand :eek: They can hit pretty hard when they want to.
    Carol

17. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Thats a sign of a good daddy :D Bit of a shock for you though :-\

18. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I have free swimmers. this is mom marble angel and babies. Can't see the babies real well but wanted to share anyway.
    Carol

Attached Files:

19. Jason Well Known Member Member

Look great! you should start an Angel fish buisness. ;)

20. Miss Mouse Well Known Member Member

Wow that's such a pretty fish! We had one similar YEARs ago but he bit all the other fish we had so we gave him to a friend. :-[