wiggle dance

emm

Reaction score
anyone know anything about breeding zebra danios? Because one of mine ((the largest so im assuming itz a female)) is doing this weird thing where she sits behind the plant in the back corner and does this wiggling thing... then she stops after a few minutes to chase the other fish away, then goes back behind the plant evey couple of hours ((1-3)) she swims back and fourth with this other fish and they circle eachother and stuff. Does this mean they're mating?? ((I have NO experience at ALL))

emm

Reaction score
S.O.S.!!!!!
The fish is just laying at the bottom now, under the leaves of one of the plastic plants.... wat do i do?!?!?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
In an emergency always do a water change. Doesn't sound like they were mating. Don't know whats wrong with your fishie. sorry
Carol

emm

Reaction score
changed some of the water yesterday.... but that fish still keeps sitting under the plant....

sasha

Valued Member
Reaction score
If a fish hides itself away by a plant or anything and looks like its panting/gasping in my own experiance it normally means that they are ill danios are egg scatterers so i don't believe they do the wiggle dance like live bearers (guppies, platies etc) When my guppies or mollies etc are about to give birth they will hide away panting and doing the wiggle dance but quickly you can see they are in labour but i have never heard of a danio doing this .. good luck

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom