Wifi Monitor That Won't Break The Bank?

Goldndoodle

I'm looking for a small WiFI monitor for my new Fluval EVO 13.5 tank that won't cost a fortune (or more than the tank).

At a bare minimum I'd like to be able to see the temp of the tank no matter where I am (home or away).

A bonus would be the ability to add a salinity, Ph or ammonia monitor as well.

At the bare minimum - it looks like the Teffo outlet would work for what I want, and add some controller ability. But I can't find anyone that sells them.

I looked at the Seneye - but at over $400 for the monitor and WiFI base (plus $150/yr for "slides") that's more than I want to spend. And IF I wanted to spend that much, I'd just go to a new APEX aquacontroller.

I did look around for an old Apex Jr - and couldn't find one of those either.

Thoughts and/or suggestions will be greatly appreciated.

Suzanne2

Not exactly a wifI monitor... but I use an old phone as a camera to see my tank remotely, I use the Alfred app, just stick your thermometer in the shot. All you need is an unused phone plugged in and household WiFi.

Goldndoodle

Not exactly a wifI monitor... but I use an old phone as a camera to see my tank remotely, I use the Alfred app, just stick your thermometer in the shot. All you need is an unused phone plugged in and household WiFi.

Didn't think of that - I have SmartThings for my home automation system, and use Blink cameras inside and outside of the house. I could re-purpose on of the lesser used cameras (or add another) and mount it inside of my equipment cabinet pointed at the temp controller.

For that matter - one of the ambient room temp sensors for SmartThings mounted on the glass of the tank would at least give me some idea of the tank temp.

Suzanne2

And you can always add more monitors later on if you want (and wait for discount sale prices).
I'm discovering that I keep finding a reason to need just one more thing for my tanks ..is fish keeping an addiction? Lol!

Goldndoodle

JACKPOT! I used to have 120 gallon saltwater tank - before I had to move. When I did, I tore it down and thought I had sold everything off. Apparently I did not sell off my old APEX Aquacontroller system! I was just rummaging around my storage area in the basement, and found - the base module, 8 outlet module, 4 outlet module, salinity module, lunar sI'm module, LED control module, pump module and a break-out box (that I connected to contacts to control cabinet lighting. Looks like I'm going to need a new temp and salinity probe, and will be running a Cat5 cable over to the equipment cabinet this weekend, and re-working all of the components in the cabinet too! Plus learning how to get it all working together again!

I'll probably be able to return some of the stuff I recently bought from Amazon as well - like the Fluval dual ramp timer, and Inkbird temp controller!

GREAT find!! WOOHOO!!

Jesterrace

Very nice. Costs way more than that Fluval 13.5 for sure.

Similar Aquarium Threads

180 Gallon Tank River Flow Tank Ideas
Replies
Views
Slapp
Replies
Views
ahouseofscales
Replies
Views
FitSoldier
Replies