Wife Approved Planning Permission

richiep

From the time I put the planning into my wife it's taken several restaurant visits two bunches of flowers lots of kisses to get it passed so this is the start of my build,

WTFish?

Lol. Congrats!!

coralbandit

The power of suggestion is strong !
Bribery works just as well often !
Nice combo ...
Looking forward to the build !

Thedudeiam94

Excited to watch this!

richiep

The build will be based on
Joey Mullins king of D.I.Y Aquarium stand build YouTube

nikm128

It'd be really cool if you made it a multI level tank IMO, like a simple column tank but divided into thirds? Maintenance would be difficult though unless you ran all three on a sump

richiep

Well I've had to move the one tank by sliding on a piece of board to start the build, now it looks like my wife is dwarfed in between just a few tanks in my dinning room, the tall tank on the table is have in a modification before it's new home I'm introducing a shelf midish tank to try something new

DoraCory

That looks like the best dining room ever.

Thedudeiam94

richie.p said:
Well I've had to move the one tank by sliding on a piece of board to start the build, now it looks like my wife is dwarfed in between just a few tanks in my dinning room, the tall tank on the table is have in a modification before it's new home I'm introducing a shelf midish tank to try something new
So many tanks! Love it! I’ll be following along! Excited to see the turn out of this project!

Irv

Congrats! Can't wait to see what it looks like. Also couldn't help but notice the bird cage, what kind of bird do you have ?

richiep

Irv said:
Congrats! Can't wait to see what it looks like. Also couldn't help but notice the bird cage, what kind of bird do you have ?
An African gray and boy dose she talk she knows as much about shrimp as I do, even as a chat to the Oscar's

Benfreshwater

I think I mustneed some tips on convincing the other half to allow more tanks. I am stuck at a 30 gallon long in the living room and a 15 gallon tall in the hallway. I'm working on moving the 30 gallon to the other side of the living room and replacing it with a 55 gallon but currently all the shopping trips compliments and meals out haven't worked yet! Teach me your magic!

smee82

Ive got to get my wife to approve more then one tank 1st

pagoda

I would love to increase my number of aquariums.....but its not a partner granting permission that is causing the problem - that would be easy to solve by using my womanly wiles, much fluttering of eyelashes, pouring copious numbers of cold beer and an endless supply of favourite food.

My spare room that would make an awesome fishroom is full of boxes, needs the carpet taking up and throwing away, needs the old built in wardrobes demolished and thrown away, needs a full repaint and new flooring laid.......oh and the fridge/freezers moving, the sofa repositioned....

....I have no partner and my muscles left me years ago <sigh>

So I have three aquariums that I enjoy in my room....and the spare room is nothing but a pipedream filled with a nightmare

Jack B Nimble

My trick has been buying clear plastic totes to use as quarantine tanks or pick out a shrimp color strain I am working on and I put them in basement. After awhile she sees their poor living conditions which is really just algae and then suggests to me to get them better accommodations.

kallililly1973

Definitely following the Shrimp Guru on this build! Holy nano tanks! They look great. That African Gray must be a trip n a half. I've watched a ton of videos on them and they are super chatty characters!

Benfreshwater

Jack B Nimble said:
My trick has been buying clear plastic totes to use as quarantine tanks or pick out a shrimp color strain I am working on and I put them in basement. After awhile she sees their poor living conditions which is really just algae and then suggests to me to get them better accommodations.
That's a great idea but if we had a basement she would probably just send me to live in it with them. . .

coralbandit

Benfreshwater said:
That's a great idea but if we had a basement she would probably just send me to live in it with them. . .
I sleep in the basement in the only room down there without fish !
Truth be told the bedroom was there before the fish !

Jack B Nimble said:
That's brilliant ..Plays them as more compassionate then you ! Yet they don't want to keep these creatures like we do ! Or at least not as many ...

Irv

richie.p said:
An African gray and boy dose she talk she knows as much about shrimp as I do, even as a chat to the Oscar's
Ah I love african grays. Never owned one myself but I've known a few, amazing animals.

jaydej2010

Glad I am the wife in the household. The man has no say in how many/anything to do with my tanks!!

richiep

Croseo welcome to fishlore @jdyde2010

richiep

After a slight mishap I had to rebuild the middle support,I've allowed myself 6"above two tanks for access, I've also made it 2" shorter in depth to gain access to my hang on filters in the back, its still well big enough for three tanks, so today shelves to cut,sand,& stain, that'll be the next set of photos

richiep

I'm just about there, it hasn't collapsed shrimp still alive, only electrics at the back to sort but everything else is done, yipee

kallililly1973

richie.p said:
I'm just about there, it hasn't collapsed shrimp still alive, only electrics at the back to sort but everything else is done, yipee
That came out great! We will definitely need a close up of each tank once their up n runnin!!

richiep

Two are already running with shrimp the 3rd needs a few months

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom