Wife Approved Planning Permission

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
From the time I put the planning into my wife it's taken several restaurant visits two bunches of flowers lots of kisses to get it passed so this is the start of my build,

Attachments

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The power of suggestion is strong !
Bribery works just as well often !
Nice combo ...
Looking forward to the build !

OP
richiep

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
The build will be based on
Joey Mullins king of D.I.Y Aquarium stand build YouTube

nikm128

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
It'd be really cool if you made it a multI level tank IMO, like a simple column tank but divided into thirds? Maintenance would be difficult though unless you ran all three on a sump

OP
richiep

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well I've had to move the one tank by sliding on a piece of board to start the build, now it looks like my wife is dwarfed in between just a few tanks in my dinning room, the tall tank on the table is have in a modification before it's new home I'm introducing a shelf midish tank to try something new

Attachments

Thedudeiam94

Well Known
Reaction score
richie.p said:
Well I've had to move the one tank by sliding on a piece of board to start the build, now it looks like my wife is dwarfed in between just a few tanks in my dinning room, the tall tank on the table is have in a modification before it's new home I'm introducing a shelf midish tank to try something new
So many tanks! Love it! I’ll be following along! Excited to see the turn out of this project!

Irv

Reaction score
Congrats! Can't wait to see what it looks like. Also couldn't help but notice the bird cage, what kind of bird do you have ?

OP
richiep

richiep

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Irv said:
Congrats! Can't wait to see what it looks like. Also couldn't help but notice the bird cage, what kind of bird do you have ?
An African gray and boy dose she talk she knows as much about shrimp as I do, even as a chat to the Oscar's

Attachments

Benfreshwater

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I think I mustneed some tips on convincing the other half to allow more tanks. I am stuck at a 30 gallon long in the living room and a 15 gallon tall in the hallway. I'm working on moving the 30 gallon to the other side of the living room and replacing it with a 55 gallon but currently all the shopping trips compliments and meals out haven't worked yet! Teach me your magic!

pagoda

Well Known
Reaction score
I would love to increase my number of aquariums.....but its not a partner granting permission that is causing the problem - that would be easy to solve by using my womanly wiles, much fluttering of eyelashes, pouring copious numbers of cold beer and an endless supply of favourite food.

My spare room that would make an awesome fishroom is full of boxes, needs the carpet taking up and throwing away, needs the old built in wardrobes demolished and thrown away, needs a full repaint and new flooring laid.......oh and the fridge/freezers moving, the sofa repositioned....

....I have no partner and my muscles left me years ago <sigh>

So I have three aquariums that I enjoy in my room....and the spare room is nothing but a pipedream filled with a nightmare

Jack B Nimble

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
My trick has been buying clear plastic totes to use as quarantine tanks or pick out a shrimp color strain I am working on and I put them in basement. After awhile she sees their poor living conditions which is really just algae and then suggests to me to get them better accommodations.

kallililly1973

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Definitely following the Shrimp Guru on this build! Holy nano tanks! They look great. That African Gray must be a trip n a half. I've watched a ton of videos on them and they are super chatty characters!

Benfreshwater

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Jack B Nimble said:
My trick has been buying clear plastic totes to use as quarantine tanks or pick out a shrimp color strain I am working on and I put them in basement. After awhile she sees their poor living conditions which is really just algae and then suggests to me to get them better accommodations.
That's a great idea but if we had a basement she would probably just send me to live in it with them. . .

coralbandit

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Benfreshwater said:
That's a great idea but if we had a basement she would probably just send me to live in it with them. . .
I sleep in the basement in the only room down there without fish !
Truth be told the bedroom was there before the fish !

Jack B Nimble said:
That's brilliant ..Plays them as more compassionate then you ! Yet they don't want to keep these creatures like we do ! Or at least not as many ...

Irv

Reaction score
richie.p said:
An African gray and boy dose she talk she knows as much about shrimp as I do, even as a chat to the Oscar's
Ah I love african grays. Never owned one myself but I've known a few, amazing animals.

jaydej2010

Reaction score
Glad I am the wife in the household. The man has no say in how many/anything to do with my tanks!!

New Threads